संशयः

vasantha syamalam

Apr 28, 2017, 6:48:30 AM4/28/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
पठति, पाठयति|  एवमेव सीखता हूं = ?
                                  सिखाता हूं = ? (शिक्ष्)
अहं नृत्यं ???(सीखता हूं)=  ?
अहं नृत्यं ???(सिखाता हूं)=  ?
  कृपया संशयनिवारणं करोतु|

Nagaraj Paturi

Apr 28, 2017, 7:42:54 AM4/28/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
    गीतं नृत्तं विचित्रं च वादित्रं विविधं तथा | शिक्षयिष्याम्यहं राजन्विराटभवने स्त्रियः ||२४||
    विराट पर्व

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )

DR Y N RAO

Apr 28, 2017, 7:57:11 AM4/28/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com

First of all, your question itself contains many a mistake!    It appears that you have no proper knowledge of Hindi!!   What is your mother-tongue?

What you have asked is about 'Causative'.   In Causative, one makes some other person to do a thing.

For example:
पठ् (Root-Verb) = to read
पठति (Present Tense; Third Person Singular) = He/She reads./is reading.
पाठयति (Causative) (Present Tense; Third Person Singular) = He/She teaches./is teaching.

नृत् (Root-Verb) = to dance
नृत्यति (Present Tense; Third Person Singular) = He/She dances./is dancing.
नर्तयति (Causative) (Present Tense; Third Person Singular) = He/She teaches(causes) some one (to) dance./is teaching(causing) some one (to) dance.

.. and so on...

With best wishes,
--Dr. Y.N. RAO,
04/28/2017

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 4:18 PM, vasantha syamalam <vasantha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Nagaraj Paturi

Apr 28, 2017, 8:14:23 AM4/28/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
Madam,

शिक्ष itself means 'to teach'.

So there is no need to look for a form for 'to learn' and a causative form of it for 'to teach'.

In Sanskrit, the passive form of शिक्ष meaning 'being taught' is used for the purpose of 'to learn'.

Taff Rivers

Apr 28, 2017, 10:45:34 AM4/28/17
to samskrita, Eddie Hadley
Vasantha,

  Perhaps if you were raise your query in English in addition to Devanagari, replies may be more edyifying for you.

I have been exercising my homemade transliteration software on your text - and it's complaining a lot (:-(.
Because among other things, commas and question matks are no-nos in Devanagari.

The ? mark is किम् (kim) for example, and it goes at the front.

Regards,

  Taff

vasantha syamalam

May 1, 2017, 5:48:28 AM5/1/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
अहं शिक्षे=  I teach or I learn?
How to write this sentence in sanskrit-  I teach dance=
I learn dance=???

Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (eddie...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

On Friday, 28 April 2017 11:48:30 UTC+1, vasantha syamalam wrote:

hnbhat

May 1, 2017, 7:33:12 AM5/1/17
to samskrita@googlegroups com

Please look into a Sanskrit-English Dictionary or any bilingual Sanskrit dictionary before asking for meaning.

This is given in Apte Dictionary:

 शिक्ष् [L=27919] [p= 1043-b]1 A. (शिक्षते, शिक्षित) 1 To
learn, study, acquire knowledge of;
अशिक्षतास्त्रं पितुरेव मंत्रवत् R. 3. 31. There are many available online:

http://www.sanskrit-lexicon.uni-koeln.de

There is one Spoken Sanskrit Dictionary online:

http://www.spokensanskrit.de

where you can look for English words to be translated in to Sanskrit or Sanskrit to English. Please find the answer s to your questions there.

hnbhat

May 1, 2017, 7:42:00 AM5/1/17
to samskrita@googlegroups com

Monier-Williams English-Sanskrit Dictionarycitation:  input:  English, lower-caseoutput:    Devanagari Unicode   Kyoto-Harvard   SLP1   ITRANS   Roman Unicode     Corrections

To teach

[L=29194][p= 796]To TEACH, v. a. upadiś (c. 6. -diśati -deṣṭuṁ), śikṣ (c. 10. śikṣayati
-yituṁ), anuśikṣ, abhiśikṣ, adhī in caus. (adhyāpayati -yituṁ, rt.
i)

Taff Rivers

May 1, 2017, 8:42:31 AM5/1/17
to samskrita
Vasantha,

  अहं शिक्षे= I teach or I learn?

First, whatever the language, there is the grammar:

  (You give not one but, two sentences.
  So, 'How to write these sentences'.)

In either case, you need to determine:
  the verb,
  the subject,
  and the object, if there is one.

Bear in mind that words all languages have synonyms and connotations, and that it takes two to tango.

Therefore:

  1. I teach dance.

    (in proper English, I teach dancing)

    But whatever the language:

    The subject is I   aham

    The object or what you teach is dance, which is a noun
     and as a noun, the word is dancing.

                              nṛtya or the noun nṛt

    The verb is teach.         śās

  2. I learn dance.

    (in proper English, I am learning to dance)

   Subject is I.                aham

   The verb is learning.        prati-√ labh

   What is being learnt is dance.    as before nṛtya or the noun nṛt

   Now all that remains is to put things the sanskrit way:

  Subject, object, verb...

  ...and decline the nouns and conjugate the verb as per the rules of sanskrit grammar...

Taff