श्रीमद्भगवद्गीता सारसंग्रह SHRIMADBHAGAVADGITA SARASAMGRAHA Compendium of the Essence of the Gita

Manish Modi

Oct 11, 2015, 1:25:58 PM10/11/15
to Googlegroup Sanskrit

|| ॐ ह्रीं श्रीपार्श्वनाथाय नमः ||

|| Auṃ Hrīṃ ŚrīPārśvanāthāya Namaḥ ||

Jay Jinendra

श्रीमद्भगवद्गीता सारसंग्रह

SHRIMADBHAGAVADGITA SARASAMGRAHA

Compendium of the Essence of the Gita

Sanskrit text + Hindi translation & commentary

Hindi translation & commentary by Krishna A Harnahalli

Based on Sanskrit commentaries by

Raghavendra Yati (Gitartha Sarasamgraha)

and

Satyadhyana Yati (Gita-Pratipadartha Candrika)

Distributed by Hindi Granth Karyalay, Mumbai

2011     22 x 14 cm     684 pages     [1 kilo]

Deluxe hardcover edition Rs. 200 (Subsidised price)

The Shrimad Bhagavadgita is a very special text for India and Indians. It has invited several hundreds of highly erudite and profound commentaries arising from all the Indian schools of philosophy. All six schools of Vedanta have written brilliant and highly incisive commentaries on the Shrimad Bhagavadgita, augmenting their own schools and propounding the path of liberation as per their traditions.

One of the most prominent traditions in Vedanta, after Shankara, is the tradition of Acarya Madhva (1238 - 1317 CE). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhvacharya

Raghavendra Yati (1598 - 1671 CE) is one of the best known exponents of the Madhva school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raghavendra_Swami

Here are the unique features of this book:

  • Sheds new light on the teachings of the Gita,according utmost importance to karma i.e. duty, as discovered by Madhvacarya, the last of the three great acaryas (Shankara, Ramanuja and Madhva)

  • Closely follows the works of Raghavendra Yati and Satyadhyana Yati

  • Contains a simple rendering of the meaning of shlokas followed by a detailed explanations to satisfy the inquisitive, as per the twin Sanskrit commentaries

  • Has a brief introduction to Dvaita Vedanta

  • Has an excellent subject wise table of contents and detailed verse index

We are delighted to distribute this beautifully printed and bound book, the price of which has been highly subsidised in order to make it accessible to all. This book is available at our bookstore and through mail order.

At Hindi Granth Karyalay, we have been delighting readers since 1912. We are committed to make the best writings on Jainism, Hinduism, Buddhism and South Asian Studies available all over the world. Hence, beside our own publications, we stock and sell books from all the major publishers of India. At our bookstore, which is the oldest in Mumbai, we stock thousands of books on various topics such as religion, philosophy, Indology, literature, poetry, dramatics, art, self-help, yoga, children’s literature, alternative medicine, music, cinema and sports.

We carry books in Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Prakrit, Pali, Apabhramsha, Gujarati, Urdu, Kannada and Marathi. We also carry huge stocks of graphic novels, children’s literature, popular English novels, etc. We wish to be a one-stop bookstore that caters to different tastes.

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

1. We dispatch books after receiving payment.

2. How to pay us

In India, we accept payments through Visa, MasterCard, NEFT, Money Order and Demand Draft. Else, you could deposit the money in cash or by cheque at any branch of Bank of India.

Internationally, we accept payment through Visa, MasterCard and SWIFT.

3. Shipping

In India, we send books by Registered Book Post, FedEx, domestic courier or surface transport.

Internationally, we ship books through FedEx, DHL, UPS, TNT, etc.

4. A list of our publications

http://www.navelgazing.net/2013/03/a-list-of-our-publications_19.html

5. Directions: How to reach us

http://www.navelgazing.net/2013/04/directions-how-to-reach-hindi-granth.html

Best regards,

Manish Yashodhar Modi

हिन्दी ग्रन्थ कार्यालय

१९१२ से धर्म, संस्कृति तथा साहित्य की सेवा में

HINDI GRANTH KARYALAY

Serving Religion, Culture and Literature Since 1912

9 Hirabaug

CP Tank

Mumbai 400004

भारत