Publication Events of my book "Natural Enmity - Reflections on Niti and Rasa of the Pancatantra"

Ashay Naik

Jan 19, 2017, 11:59:18 AM1/19/17
to samskrita
Dear Sanskrit scholars and connoisseurs of Sanskrit literature,

I would like to invite you for three events related to the publication of my book "Natural Enmity - Reflections on Niti and Rasa of the Pancatantra".

This book is a commentary on the Pancatantra from a socio-political perspective in order to explain how the text functions as a nītiśāstra.

I have analysed the text to demonstrate that as a whole it embodies the political order of its time and brings to fore the complex issues and dilemmas related to it. The ultimate purpose of the Pancatantra is not to teach children some random principles dealing with political science in a fun and engaging way, but to enliven for the audience a political world and what it means to live in it and what it takes to succeed in it.

I have attached the flyers with details of venue and time. Briefly the events are as follows:

22 Jan - Bangalore - My talk on socio-politcal thought in the Pancatantra and conservative/reactionary approaches to studying the Indic past.

23 Jan - Mumbai - Official release of Indian Edition of the book by Shri Anant Geete and my talk on the above subject

24 Jan - Mumbai - Discussion with Dr. Gauri Mahulikar on the book, most probably on political and gender theory in the Pancatantra

Hope to see you there.

Warm regards,

Ashay Naik
Bangalore Event - 22 Jan.jpg
Book Launch - 23 Jan.jpg
Discussion with Dr Gauri Mahulikar - 24 Jan.jpg