Various whatsapp groups in Sanskrit

K.N.RAMESH

Aug 10, 2017, 2:14:01 PM8/10/17

Taff Rivers

Aug 13, 2017, 4:59:11 PM8/13/17
to samskrita, Eddie Hadley
KN,

My Desktop browser Cliqz, is reporting some kind a security problem on the site you mention, viz.

    "The owner of docs.google.com has configured their website improperly.
    To protect your information from being stolen, Cliqz has not connected to this website."

I have not tried access from my Mobile...

Best,

Taff Rivers

Sanju Nath

Aug 13, 2017, 5:43:33 PM8/13/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com, Eddie Hadley
Worked from mobile browser and google sheets app on iphone.

Thanks,
Sanju

Taff Rivers

Aug 14, 2017, 10:31:55 AM8/14/17
to samskrita, Eddie Hadley
Sanju,

Yes, that site IS most probably quite safe - so far. But...

As ever, the 'net is rather a complex entity, after all, it was designed to withstand nuclear warefare!

  Cliqz, is a new browser. Mine has detected that the web site in question generates a spread sheet on the fly, which it then returns to the caller as a PDF document.
And that the site conditionally, allows for that underlying spreadsheet to be edited.
Spreadsheets can include a backdoor security flaw that hackers could exploit for ransomware etc.

And passed on to the PDF download, which can also contain malware.

Accessed, while not in conjunction with such as Kaspersky's antivirus software, that malware gets through.

Then again, as an added complication, there's that 's' for secure in the https of that  URL, which requires the caller to have encryption turned on at his end.
But that can be turned off on the users end...

I sometimes think that all Internet users should have to pass a driving test!

  Regards,

Taff Rivers