Image for shloka

KN.Ramesh

Sep 26, 2017, 7:25:13 AM9/26/17
to samskrita
 शान्तं पद्मासनस्थं शशधरमुकुटं पञ्चवक्त्रं त्रिनेत्रं
शूलं वज्रं च खड्गं परशुमभयदं दक्षभागे वहन्तम् |
नागं पाशं च घंटा प्रलयहुतवहं साङ्कुशं वामभागे
नानालंकारयुक्तं स्फटिकमणिनिभं पार्वतीशं नमामि ||

Dear list,

I am looking for the image of this sloka.

Kindly help.
Thanks

Sunder Hattangadi

Sep 26, 2017, 10:23:09 AM9/26/17
to samskrita, KN.Ramesh

Sunder Hattangadi

Sep 26, 2017, 12:51:35 PM9/26/17
to samskrita, KN.Ramesh
Can't figure out why the link did not appear!

Sunder Hattangadi

Sep 26, 2017, 1:26:56 PM9/26/17
to KN.Ramesh, Samskrita

Taff Rivers

Sep 26, 2017, 4:50:35 PM9/26/17
to samskrita
sunder,

  The correct URL in your case is:

https://shrijaydayaljigoyandka-sethji.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/1.html

Anyway, it is not exactly clear just what image this Ramesh wants.

For those lacking in powers of imagination, a visual representations generated by those with such powers, are in fact very many.

Most probably, he just wants a particular web site that displays that text, but is a bit vague as to where that verse of his came from. His post implies that there is only the one, wheres in reality there are many.

Regards,

  Taff Rivers

Sunder Hattangadi

Sep 26, 2017, 5:50:11 PM9/26/17
to samskrita
Thank you, Taff.
It did finally appear! (the 3rd time around).

I just copy-pasted the 1st line of the verse with the addition of "images for" before it, and it gave the whole verse and the accompanying image!

Regards,

sunder

DR Y N RAO

K.N.RAMESH

Sep 27, 2017, 9:29:53 AM9/27/17
to Sunder Hattangadi, Samskrita
Thanks Sunder ji..

Since I could not type the entire sloka I copied & pasted it from the link you have sent.

If you observe the sloka, I am looking for Shiva with 5 faces & 10 hands holding the armaments as described exactly in the same sequence & order.

You can see here :

The sequence is not matching as per the sloka & it seems the paasam is shown in 2nd right hand  from bottom.
What is the ayudham in the bottom most left hand in the above image?

My question is how to reckon the sequence of ayudhams from top to bottom  or from bottom to top...??

My opinion is from top to bottom only, because abhaya mudra is always shown in the bottom most hand of our hindu deities...
I have rarely seen a deity with multiple hands having abhaya & varada mudra in their top hands..

On 26 September 2017 at 22:56, Sunder Hattangadi <sun...@yahoo.com> wrote:
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 9:23:07 AM CDT, 'Sunder Hattangadi' via samskrita <sams...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 6:25:12 AM CDT, KN.Ramesh <knra...@gmail.com> wrote:

 शान्तं पद्मासनस्थं शशधरमुकुटं पञ्चवक्त्रं त्रिनेत्रं
शूलं वज्रं च खड्गं परशुमभयदं दक्षभागे वहन्तम् |
नागं पाशं च घंटा प्रलयहुतवहं साङ्कुशं वामभागे
नानालंकारयुक्तं स्फटिकमणिनिभं पार्वतीशं नमामि ||

Dear list,

I am looking for the image of this sloka.

Kindly help.
Thanks

Irene Galstian

Sep 27, 2017, 9:52:25 AM9/27/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Apologies for the semi-relevant reply, but I once have looked through a book on Shiva-related art which I would very much like to buy, but I've forgotten what it's called. It did contain information similar to Mr. Ramesh's observations. If someone on the list knows the title of the book, please help.
Irene

Sunder Hattangadi

Sep 27, 2017, 12:49:42 PM9/27/17
to K.N.RAMESH, Samskrita
The reference is to Kamika Agama, p. 146-ff

The patterns of description can vary. Whether the sculptor has to follow only one particular pattern is perhaps debatable.

Taff Rivers

Sep 27, 2017, 1:21:30 PM9/27/17
to samskrita
Irene,

Descriptions:
    http://www.mahashivratri.org/about-lord-shiva.html

Pictures:
    http://shivaom.tumblr.com/

Now, all you have to do is to match the pictures to the descriptions!

Regards,

Taff Rivers

RamanaMurthy Bathala

Sep 29, 2017, 1:14:36 PM9/29/17
to samskrita

Sunder Hattangadi

Sep 29, 2017, 10:56:02 PM9/29/17
to samskrita, RamanaMurthy Bathala

KN.Ramesh

Oct 3, 2017, 11:22:05 AM10/3/17
to samskrita
Thanks to all.

नानालंकारयुक्तं - Does it mean ......adorned with various alankaras as described above ( that is with various ayudhas) OR

Apart from the ayudhas described, he is adorned with various decorations?

Sunder Hattangadi

Oct 3, 2017, 10:56:12 PM10/3/17
to samskrita
Rudraksha garlands and Bhasma at least should be added Datura flowers and Bilva leaves may be.

KN.Ramesh

Oct 4, 2017, 8:26:26 AM10/4/17
to samskrita
Thanks Sunder ji...
So  for  नानालंकारयुक्तं it is left to the individual to think of the alankara as he feels...

 >>Datura flowers ..

BTW , it is written here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva_Puja that one should not use champaka flower for Shiva.

But Adishankara bhagavtapada in his Shiva maanasa pooja tells jaati champaka bilva patra racitam...
Is this champaka flower what bhagavat pada referring different..??

Sunder Hattangadi

Oct 4, 2017, 11:40:12 AM10/4/17
to samskrita