Request - 'Swaagatam Verses'

Krishnan S

Feb 21, 2015, 12:31:04 PM2/21/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com

My grandson is learning Sanskrit.

In connection with some article he is writing, he is looking for quotations from Sanskrit literature (Veda, Itihasas, Puranas & kavyas) dealing with “Swaagata verses’.

With my little knowledge, I pointed him to one reference -Valmiki Ramayanam  1-18-50b,51,52a ( Bala Kandam 18Th Sarga  Slokas 50,51,52) where King Dasaratha offers ‘swaagatam’ to Sage Viswamitra.

 I shall be grateful, if you can point out to such similar verses in Sanskrit works.

Pranams

 Krishnan

------------------

Hnbhat B.R.

Feb 21, 2015, 10:17:20 PM2/21/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Please read this discussion in this group:

If it is for the purpose of research, here is a list of verses in Bhagavata, given in an Index:

स्वागतं ते नमस्तुभ्य ८-१८-२९
स्वागतं ते प्रसीदेश ४-७-३६
स्वागतं ते वरारोहे ९.१४-१९

 Here is the link to Google Pages of the Index:

If Mahabharata verse Index also one can find more usages of स्वागतं. Just google for स्वागतं and you will get more.