Rudram by Challakere brothers

Harry Spier

Feb 20, 2017, 10:58:46 AM2/20/17
to samskrita
Dear list members,

There is a recording of the Rudram by the Challakere brothers d Challakere Brothers (Sri M S Venugopal and Sri M S Srinivasan) on youtube .

Would any list members know what part of India the Challakere brothers are from and what their Vedic Shakha is.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to get different recordings of the Rudram from different parts of India chanted by different sub-schools of the taittiriya sakha.

Many thanks,
Harry Spier

Irene Galstian

Feb 20, 2017, 11:14:21 AM2/20/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
My teacher says they are from Karnataka, Sringeri tradition.

KN.Ramesh

Feb 20, 2017, 11:44:35 AM2/20/17
to samskrita