स्थिरसुखमासनम् ॥२-४६॥

RamanaMurthy Bathala

Nov 12, 2017, 8:13:59 AM11/12/17
to samskrita

Dear sir,

 I have few queries regarding asana siddhi.

While doing meditation, I get unbearable pain in the legs, joints, knees and back. I was advised sit cross legged. My whole mind was concentrated on the pain.

Patanjali says  स्थिरसुखमासनम् ॥२-४६॥

Whether we should sit cross legged or sit on chair is not mentioned. Patanjali has not given how to sit comfortable in a posture.

I heard Asana Siddhi.

1)    1.  How much time one should sit in any asana so that he is said to be mastered Asana Siddhi? Does any book mentioned the time duration.

2)   2.   Is there any book exclusively deals in how to practice to gain Asana siddhi.

From the childhood it self, we are accustomed to sit on benches in the schools. So when grown-up, we are finding difficult to sit on the floor with crossed-legs during meditation.  In good old days of schooling, students were sittiong on the floor.

Some people take it liberty and say that it does not matter whether one sits on the floor or on the chair. Important thing is to keep the back and neck in straight line.

If any one has mastered Asana Siddhi, please guide me.

Regards

Ramana murthy

Ramakrishnan D

Nov 12, 2017, 12:50:56 PM11/12/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ramana Murthy mahodaya !
Padmasanam is good for meditation and it is easy to sit long time.
Siddhi is in meditation & not in any asan.  For meditation you have to concentrate on any mantra or any form of a God or a light (jyoti).
Normally some mantra we always choose.  if you fix your mind on mantra, by practicing regularly and at a particular time or times, you will lose your attention on the body and that relieves pain in the body.
That leads to siddhi of any thing.  That's my idea.

KN.Ramesh

Nov 13, 2017, 11:54:44 PM11/13/17
to samskrita
Please mail me personally at knramesh at gmail dot com