​FOUR VEDAS IN SANSKRIT With a Hindi Commentary based on the Sayana Bhashya

Manish Modi

Oct 13, 2016, 9:09:03 AM10/13/16
to Googlegroup Sanskrit

ॐ ह्रीं श्रीपार्श्वनाथाय नमः

Auṃ Hrīṃ ŚrīPārśvanāthāya Namaḥ

Jay Jinendra

FOUR VEDAS IN SANSKRIT

With a Hindi Commentary based on the Sayana Bhashya

By Dr Munshiram Sharma, Dr Janardan Ratate, Dr Sudhakar Malaviya, Dr Chandraprakash Singh, Dr Maheshchandra Sharma & Pt Jatashankar Dikshit

Set of 17 books

23 x 15 cm    12021 pages     [15 kilos]

Hardcover     Rs. 8000

Fortunately, several publications on the Vedas are available in the market today. There are various translations, most of them competent. We already distribute a few of the Hindi and English translations. But for a long time, a need has been felt to have the complete Sayana bhasya, the legendary Sanskrit commentary by Acarya Sayana, available in modern Hindi. Also, while most publications offer the original text of the Vedas, only one offered the original Vedic Sanskrit text along with the appropriate svaras {accents}. And even there, the accents are not accurately printed.

Nearly thirty years ago, a project was set in motion. To produce a set of Vedas that have the original Vedic Sanskrit text with appropriate accents, along with an exhaustive Hindi commentary, based on the original bhasya {exposition} of Acarya Sayana. And to fill a historical gap. Sayana’s exhaustive commentary was not available for chapters 11 to 16 of the Atharvaveda. A fresh commentary had to be written on these chapters. In addition, the excellent commentaries by Uvatamahidhara, Acarya Panini, Skanda Svami, Pandit Shripad Damodar Satavalekar and others had to be consulted and cited. Thus, a fresh exhaustive, traditionally sound and yet contemporary commentary on the Vedas had to be written.

Six leading Vedic scholars of India were involved in this project:

Acarya Dr Munshiram Sharma; Dr Janardan Gangadhar Ratate; Dr Sudhakar Malaviya; Dr Kunvar Chandraprakash Singh; Dr Maheshchandra Sharma and Pt Jatashankar Dikshit.

This text is the fruit of their labour and deliberations. It is an excellent, low priced edition of the four Vedas, along with a complete Hindi commentary based on the seminal bhasya by Acarya Sayana.

A volume-wise break up of this edition of the four Vedas is as under:

ऋग्वेद  RGVEDA | Set of 9 books | 5946 pages

यजुर्वेद  YAJURVEDA | Set of 2 books | 488 pages

सामवेद  SAMAVEDA | Set of 2 books | 342 pages

अथर्ववेद  ATHARVAVEDA | Set of 4 books | 1146 pages

All who have faith in the Vedic religion, all those who are interested in South Asian Studies, all those who are interested in Comparative Religion and all those who are interested in studying the behaviour of humankind since the oldest times should purchase this set of 17 books and support the publication of such treasures.

We are proud to distribute this excellent set.

At Hindi Granth Karyalay, the oldest bookstore in Mumbai, we have been delighting readers since 24 September, 1912. We are committed to making  the best writings on Jainism, Hinduism, Buddhism and South Asian Studies available to readers all over the world. In addition to our own publications, we stock and sell books from all the major publishers in India.

We  stock thousands of books on various topics such as religion, philosophy, Indology, literature, popular English novels, poetry, drama, art, self-help, yoga, children’s literature, ayurveda, music, cinema and sports. We wish to be a one-stop bookstore that caters to different tastes.

We sell books in Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Prakrit, Pali, Apabhramsha, Urdu, Gujarati, Marathi and Kannada.

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

1. We dispatch books after receiving payment.

2. Payment Options

In India

  • Cash

  • IMPS (Immediate Payment Service)

  • NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer)

  • Visa, MasterCard

  • Money Order

  • Demand Draft, Cheque

  • Paytm (to 9820896128)

Internationally

  • Visa, MasterCard

  • SWIFT

3. Shipping

In India

FedEx Economy, surface mail or surface transport

Internationally

FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc.

4. A list of our publications

http://www.navelgazing.net/2013/03/a-list-of-our-publications_19.html

5. Directions: How to reach us

http://www.navelgazing.net/2013/04/directions-how-to-reach-hindi-granth.html

Best regards,

Manish Yashodhar Modi

हिन्दी ग्रन्थ कार्यालय

१९१२ से धर्म, संस्कृति तथा साहित्य की सेवा में

HINDI GRANTH KARYALAY

Serving Religion, Culture and Literature Since 1912

9 Hirabaug

CP Tank

Mumbai 400004

भारत

Telephones

+91 98208 96128

+91 22 2382 6739

Email

hindipr...@gmail.com

Facebook

www.facebook.com/BooksfromIndia

Vasudeva Kamath

Oct 13, 2016, 2:24:51 PM10/13/16
to sams...@googlegroups.com
namaste Manishji,

I would like to get two sets of this - one set will be shipped to the US and the other to Udupi.  What will be the shipping cost to the US?

Thank you

Vasudeva