Sanskrit Vyakarana texts in English?

Nandu Ravi

Oct 17, 2016, 11:48:36 AM10/17/16
to samskrita
Are any Vyakarana texts higher than Kaumudi available in English?

manda...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2016, 11:15:27 AM12/11/16
to samskrita

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 9:18:36 PM UTC+5:30, Nandu Ravi wrote:
Are any Vyakarana texts higher than Kaumudi available in English?

Ashtadhyayi of Panini is availabe in English. Nothing is higher then direct work of Panini.

सीताराम

Dec 11, 2016, 4:42:49 PM12/11/16
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Check out this link
look for books by Ramanatha Sharma

धन्यवाद: - राम

Nandu Ravi

Dec 12, 2016, 12:00:06 AM12/12/16
to samskrita
Salutations Raama ji,

Yes, yes. Rama Nath Sharma's all six volumes are extremely helpful!!

Thank you.

Nandu Ravi

Dec 12, 2016, 12:00:06 AM12/12/16
to samskrita
Indeed. But you can never fully get your head around a सूत्रं unless you go through the commentaries too, no?

व्याख्यानतो विशेषप्रतिपत्तिः।

सीताराम

Dec 12, 2016, 4:56:44 AM12/12/16
to sams...@googlegroups.com
If your Hindi is good - you can follow this link
These teachings are far better than any English commentary I came across

https://archive.org/details/AshtadhyayiPrathamavritti
or

Irene Galstian

Dec 12, 2016, 10:56:22 AM12/12/16
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Oh thank you! Now I have a perfectly legitimate excuse to study Hindi!!!
You definitely made my day. :-)

Nandu Ravi

Dec 13, 2016, 11:28:32 AM12/13/16
to samskrita
I wouldn't say "good", but I guess I could follow them. Thank you so much again!