अनुस्वारस्य ययि परसवर्णः

292 προβολές
Παράβλεψη και μετάβαση στο πρώτο μη αναγνωσμένο μήνυμα

shankara

μη αναγνωσμένη,
18 Σεπ 2012, 5:42:34 π.μ.18/9/12
ως sams...@googlegroups.com
Pranams to all,

It is said in Laghu Siddhanta Kaumudi, Gita Press edition that as per the sutra 'अनुस्वारस्य ययि परसवर्णः', it is wrong to write गंगा. It should be गङ्गा. I request the scholars of this group to explain whether this is a 'vikalpa vidhi' or 'nitya vidhi'. While I was reading Bhagavad Gita published by a reputed ashram, I saw that in the first chapter it is printed 'न कांक्षे विजयं कृष्ण'. Should it be काङ्क्षे in place of कांक्षे?

regards
shankara

Hnbhat B.R.

μη αναγνωσμένη,
18 Σεπ 2012, 6:02:01 π.μ.18/9/12
ως sams...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 3:12 PM, shankara <shanka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Pranams to all,

It is said in Laghu Siddhanta Kaumudi, Gita Press edition that as per the sutra 'अनुस्वारस्य ययि परसवर्णः', it is wrong to write गंगा. It should be गङ्गा. I request the scholars of this group to explain whether this is a 'vikalpa vidhi' or 'nitya vidhi'. While I was reading Bhagavad Gita published by a reputed ashram, I saw that in the first chapter it is printed 'न कांक्षे विजयं कृष्ण'. Should it be काङ्क्षे in place of कांक्षे?

 अनुस्वारस्य ययि परसवर्णः ८।४।५८॥
makes अनुस्वार for the followed by यय् - vowels get परसवर्ण.

वा पदान्तस्य॥ ८।४।५८||

The next rule makes it optional only at the end of a पद and not in the middle of a पद. Strictly speaking, it is wrong. But due to the influence of Hindi printing, many prints do not follow this strictly. गंगा, मंगल, etc and not any where you will find परसवर्ण in Hindi words.

It is very simple, since you quoted the rules.    २५-वा पदान्तस्य ।
८.५९। पद के अन्तिम अनुस्वार के अनन्तर यय-श, प, स, ह को छोड़कर
कोई भी व्यञ्जन) हो तो अनुस्वार को परसवर्श विकास से होगा ।

regards
shankara

Dr. Hari Narayana Bhat B.R. M.A., Ph.D.,
Research Scholar,
Ecole française d'Extrême-OrientCentre de Pondichéry
16 & 19, Rue Dumas
Pondichéry - 605 001

Hnbhat B.R.

μη αναγνωσμένη,
18 Σεπ 2012, 6:46:02 π.μ.18/9/12
ως sams...@googlegroups.com

 गंगा, मंगल, etc  where you never will find परसवर्ण in Hindi words.

There is no simple derivations also, why there should be any case for  परसवर्ण. The possibility for अनुस्वार is म् at the end of a word which usually be the case ending, अम् or आम् and in the middle both न् and म् would take अनुस्वार. If there is no indication of this अनुस्वार from these two sources, and instead, they are taken as having अनुस्वार naturally, as used in Hindi, I think same holds good for Sanskrit also. But strictly speaking, even if it is अनुस्वार, it should take परसवर्ण.

"मोऽनुस्वारः and नश्चापदान्तस्य झलि" are the two cases for अनुस्वार originated by transformation.

shankara

μη αναγνωσμένη,
18 Σεπ 2012, 6:55:57 π.μ.18/9/12
ως sams...@googlegroups.com
Sir,

Thanks a lot for the explanation. Can I say, if Panini were alive today, he would have modified this rule, considering the strong trend to use anuswara?

regards
shankara