Please help me know the meaning for these sentences. It's very urgent and they are in Sanskrit.

E.L. Ranjith

Dec 26, 2016, 12:03:33 PM12/26/16
to samskrita
Please help me know the meaning for these sentences. It's very urgent and they are written in the Sanskrit
1018161717.jpg

shankara

Dec 26, 2016, 1:05:06 PM12/26/16
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

These are verses 35 to 37 from chapter 4 of Devi Mahatmya (Durga Saptasati). Giving below English translation extracted from Swami Jagadisvarananda of Ramakrishna Math.

35. And if a boon is to be granted to us by you, O Mahesvari, whenever we think of you again destroy our direct calamities.
36-37. O Mother of spotless countenance, and whatever mortal shall praise you with these hymns, may you, who have become gracious towards us, be also for his increase in his wealth, wife, and other
fortunes together with riches, prosperity and life, O Ambika!

regards
shankara

Dec 26, 2016, 1:18:01 PM12/26/16
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

Giving below a different translation from Devi Mahatmya edited by Alexandro Passi.

"If, however, you would give us a boon, O great Lady, may you, whenever called to mind, destroy our worst troubles. And whatever mortal praises you with these praises, O immaculate-faced one, may you, Arnbika giver of all, graceful in our regards, act through possessions, prosperity and power for the increase of his endowments of wealth, wife, and so on."

regards
shankara

Please help me know the meaning for these sentences. It's very urgent and they are written in the Sanskrit