Request for help with SLP1 transliteration

Abhinav Kadambi

Apr 27, 2016, 12:05:30 AM4/27/16
to samskrita
Namaste,

I am looking for a suitable standalone tool (for Windows 8.1 OS) to convert Devanagari text to the SLP1 scheme for my research. I am not a proficient programmer.
I will be immensely grateful for any guidance or advice regarding the same.

Sincere thanks in advance,

Abhinav Kadambi,
Researcher in Cognitive Neuroscience of Indian languages

dhaval patel

Apr 27, 2016, 12:19:06 AM4/27/16
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Try searching sanscript. Its javascript code is available on github. Can be used offline with a little tweaking.

--
Dr. Dhaval Patel, I.A.S
Collector and District Magistrate, Anand

ken p

Apr 27, 2016, 2:03:48 PM4/27/16
to samskrita
Since SLP causes visual disruption in readings I recommend IAST scheme for your research.

क्षिप्तो हस्तावलग्नः प्रसभमभिहतोऽप्याददानोंशुकान्तं
गृह्णन् केशेष्वपास्तश्चरणनिपतितो नेक्षितः सम्भ्रमेण ।

kzipto hastAvalagnaH prasaBamaBihato'pyAdadAnoMSukAntaM
gfhRan keSezvapAstaScaraRanipatito nekzitaH samBrameRa ..................SLP

kṣipto hastāvalagnaḥ prasabhamabhihato'pyādadānoṃśukāntaṃ
gṛhṇan keśeṣvapāstaścaraṇanipatito nekṣitaḥ sambhrameṇa ।...................IAST

Read in your chosen script and free India from complex scripts.

Abhinav Kadambi

Apr 28, 2016, 9:08:44 AM4/28/16
to samskrita
Namaste!

Thank you for your suggestion. However, I require the transcoding to SLP1 for statistical analysis purposes. It is not possible with other schemes.

Abhinav Kadambi

Apr 28, 2016, 9:08:44 AM4/28/16
to samskrita
Namaste!

Thank very much for this information. I think this makes my work a little easier.

ken p

Apr 28, 2016, 3:05:03 PM4/28/16
to samskrita
Here is a beta version converter showing SLP1