doubt in siddhanta kaumudi

nitish chandra

Sep 13, 2013, 1:18:40 PM9/13/13
to sams...@googlegroups.com
The following are the arguments that came to my mind.
1.
Source:        नाज्झलौ  is before अणुदित्सवर्णास्य चाप्रत्ययः in this book(siddhanta kaumudi). Therefore, the अच् doesn't include all the सवर्णाः, so दीक्षितः says that it is                      actually  न+आ+अच्+हलौ so that आ cannot be सवर्ण with other consonants.

My thought:   If that were the case, ऊकालोज्झ्रस्वदीर्घप्लुतः is much before
अणुदित्सवर्णास्य चाप्रत्ययः and applying the same logic, there would be no ह्रस्व and दीर्घ letters                     because there are no आ ई ऊ ... in माहेश्वर सूत्राणि.
2.

Source:        एदैतोरोदौतोश्च न मिथः सावर्ण्यम् because, otherwise पाणिनी would not have kept ए ओ ङ्| ऐ औ च्| separately.
My thought:  If we can apply that logic, ऋऌवर्णयोर्मिथः सावर्ण्यं वाच्यम्  says that ऋ and ऌ are सवर्णs of each other. Why did पाणिनी mention both of them in different                      माहेश्वर सूत्राणि ?
Obviously I am mistaken somewhere, but I could not find the reasons why my above thoughts are wrong. Scholars can kindly throw some light on these issues.

सीताराम

Sep 13, 2013, 2:25:26 PM9/13/13
to sams...@googlegroups.com
तुल्यास्यप्रयत्नं सवर्णम् 1.1.9
is before नाज्झलौ 1.1.10

अणुदित्सवर्णास्य चाप्रत्ययः 1.1.69 is almost at the end of chapter 1.

ऊकालोज्झ्रस्वदीर्घप्लुतः 1.2.27 and if you follow astadhyayi the very next sutra is
अचश्च 1.2.28

I hope this order will bring some clarity to you.

धन्यवाद: - राम

सीताराम

Sep 13, 2013, 2:45:38 PM9/13/13
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to add this ऋलृक्
ऋ and ऌ are सवर्णs of each other and are together in माहेश्वर सूत्र

nitish chandra

Sep 14, 2013, 1:24:04 AM9/14/13
to sams...@googlegroups.com
My doubt is if they are स्वर्ण s of each other, why to mention them separately पाणिनी could have just said ऋक् and here by अणुदित्सवर्णस्य चाप्रत्ययः even ऌ would have been covered? Why to mention it separately?

nitish chandra

Sep 14, 2013, 1:28:22 AM9/14/13
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Any way, what prevents us from applying अणुदित्सवर्णस्य चाप्रत्ययः  to नाज्झलौ? Why is this second interpretation of writing as न् + आ + अच् + हलौ made?

On Friday, September 13, 2013 10:25:26 AM UTC-8, Raama wrote:
तुल्यास्यप्रयत्नं सवर्णम् 1.1.9
is before नाज्झलौ 1.1.10

अणुदित्सवर्णास्य चाप्रत्ययः 1.1.69 is almost at the end of chapter 1.

Hnbhat B.R.

Sep 14, 2013, 11:04:40 AM9/14/13
to sams...@googlegroups.com
If you read all the relevant Sutra-s in order, in Siddhantakaumudi
carefully, you will have no doubt.

Since I am typing this message in basic hmtl, I could not use the
input tool of google.

On 9/14/13, nitish chandra <nitishcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any way, what prevents us from applying अणुदित्सवर्णस्य चाप्रत्ययः to
> नाज्झलौ? Why is this second interpretation of writing as न् + आ + अच् + हलौ
>
> made?
>
> On Friday, September 13, 2013 10:25:26 AM UTC-8, Raama wrote:
>>
>> तुल्यास्यप्रयत्नं सवर्णम् 1.1.9
>> is before नाज्झलौ 1.1.10
>>
>> अणुदित्सवर्णास्य चाप्रत्ययः 1.1.69 is almost at the end of chapter 1.
>>
>> --
>>> sams...@googlegroups.com<javascript:>
>>> .
>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/samskrita.
>>>

>> --
>> धन्यवाद: - राम
>>

> --

*Dr. Hari Narayana Bhat B.R. M.A., Ph.D.,
**Research Scholar(Retd),
*
Ecole française d'Extrême-OrientCentre de Pondichéry
16 & 19, Rue Dumas