Lalita Sahasranama Mantra

Vivek

Feb 6, 2017, 12:06:11 AM2/6/17
to samskrita
Hari Om,

I’m learning to do Lalita Sahasranama in Sanskrit and and I ran into a small confusion. Can someone clarify this for me?

The word “Pankti” In Sanskrit it doesn’t look like there is a “K” in it? Is it pronounced differently?

saroja Ramanujam

Feb 6, 2017, 12:53:11 AM2/6/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
dhvijapankthi means the two rows of teeth

Dr.Saroja Ramanujam, M.A.,Ph.D

Vivek

Feb 6, 2017, 1:16:29 AM2/6/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Thanks but what I meant was if you look at the Sanskrit word it looks like there isn't a "K" in the compound consonant.

It looks like it says panti instead.

Does that make sense?

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Vivek <amma...@icloud.com> wrote:
Hari Om,

I’m learning to do Lalita Sahasranama in Sanskrit and and I ran into a small confusion. Can someone clarify this for me?

The word “Pankti” In Sanskrit it doesn’t look like there is a “K” in it? Is it pronounced differently?

<FullSizeRender.jpg>

Dr.Saroja Ramanujam, M.A.,Ph.D

Hnbhat B.R.

Feb 6, 2017, 3:12:30 AM2/6/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com

It does't have पङ्क्ति In devanagari, it is typo error. Looks line पप्ति.

Vivek

Feb 6, 2017, 3:21:18 AM2/6/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense.

Or maybe this particular font shows it like that?

hnbhat

Feb 6, 2017, 3:53:00 AM2/6/17
to samskrita@googlegroups com

No. Others are correctly typed. This one exactly typed as पप्टि   check closely.

Venkata Sriram

Feb 6, 2017, 9:59:33 AM2/6/17
to samskrita, amma...@icloud.com
Bhat Ji has rightly observed the typo error.

The correct devanagari is below with "saubhaagyabhaaskara" of Bhaskararaya Makhin.  You may refer to the commentary too !

regs,
sriram

Ramakrishnan D

Feb 6, 2017, 11:47:31 AM2/6/17