{ Samskruta} Chess knight's tour

G S S Murthy

Mar 6, 2017, 12:44:31 AM3/6/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear All
Prof. Knuth well known mathematician and an authority on Algorithmics talks of contributions of Rudrata, Ratnakara, Bhoja, Vedantadesika and Someshwara to the Chess knight's problem in a lecture he delivered in Stanford on Hamiltonian Paths and Circuits. Those interested may view:
Courtsey: Prof. GNS Prasanna of IIIT(B)
Apologies for cross-posting,
Thanks and regards,
Murthy

Nagaraj Paturi

Mar 6, 2017, 1:41:20 AM3/6/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
Glad to see this posted by Sri GSS Murty because there was a post by him on this list that said:

I believe we are fooling ourselves if we believe that Vedas and Sanskrit writings contain hidden treasures of Science and Technology. Any money spent  in that direction is money gone down the drain.
Regards,
Murthy

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )

G S S Murthy

Mar 6, 2017, 6:40:14 AM3/6/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
​This, in my view, is not a hidden treasure, Sir.
Regards,
Murthy​

G S S Murthy

Mar 6, 2017, 8:37:31 AM3/6/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
I made two short blogs on Rudrata's slokas more than a year back and I am tempted to give reference to them.

KN.Ramesh

Mar 6, 2017, 8:40:36 AM3/6/17
to samskrita