Sanskrit is not a DEAD language

KN.Ramesh

Apr 27, 2016, 12:33:44 AM4/27/16
to samskrita
I have just uploaded a talk by HH. Paramapoojya anantasri vibhushita Sri Sri Bharati Teertha mahaswamigal, Dakshinamnaaya mutt, Sringeri on Sanskrit language in chaste Sanskrit.

Request scholars to give English translations, so that the same can be put as sub-titles so that those who do not know much Sanskrit can also understand.

The video is here:

namaskarams

Kamal Kothari

Apr 28, 2016, 1:43:16 AM4/28/16
to samskrita

Very inspiring for students like me. Such fluency, clear diction and simple to understand. Thank you for this link Mahoday

prabhat kumar singh

Apr 28, 2016, 9:08:43 AM4/28/16
to samskrita
Very true and helpful.
I have created a Sanskrit based NLP for Quick Software Development. It is quick because the software gets created while writing the BRD. This improves the experience of SDLC and impacts the turn-around-time by 99%[Because most of time goes in chasers of project management, and only little time in writing development stories. This concept might be clearer for IT people].
Since, I am Bangalore based, I wanted to work with interested companies/businesses/governments to do poc/pilot for them.
I am planning to do a launch function in Singapore on 23 July 2016.
Please advise www.i-c.tech

Best,
Prabhat

Taff Rivers

Apr 28, 2016, 11:46:23 AM4/28/16
to samskrita
Prabhat,

  I am an IT person, who has developed some Sanskrit NLP for my personal use.
  By which I mean NLP as Sanskrit to English.

  However the following terms are unfamiliar ones, they sound more like like rocket science to me (:-).

1. BRD?

2. SDLC?

3. chasers of project management?

4. development stories?

5. poc?

Regards,

  Taff

Alankar Sharma

Apr 30, 2016, 9:01:14 AM4/30/16
to samskrita
Hi Taff,

Me too from IT. Here you go :

1. BRD? - Business Requirements Document

2. SDLC? - Software Development Life Cycle

3. chasers of project management?

4. development stories? - We usually divide a development sprint (Agile Mathod) in a smaller and workable stories.

5. poc? - Proof of Concept

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Alankar

Taff Rivers

May 2, 2016, 11:00:35 AM5/2/16
to samskrita
Alankar,

   Thank you for the clarification.

Agile, was the magic word.

It isn't exactly modern project management software!
I now understand that the terminology derives from something from the 1970's 'a 1970's alternative to traditional project management'.

          Today, it is quite normal to parcel out sub-tasks, aka 'smaller and workable stories'
          There is the more user friendly, .NET cross platform Visual Studio from Microsoft, for example.

   Taff,

        He who comes from the days' when 64KB of RAM really was enough.
        (Not to mention when five bits and and a big roll of paper tape did the trick (-:).

prabhat

May 5, 2016, 9:17:13 AM5/5/16
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ankur.