One more doubt

Prabha Pillai

Mar 23, 2017, 2:55:26 AM3/23/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Can you give me the different meanings of the famous sloka ,
Ramam dasaratham viddhi mam viddhi janakatmaja.......

Please.

hnbhat

Mar 23, 2017, 3:54:20 AM3/23/17
to samskrita@googlegroups com

There is no different meaning as I know.

Prabha Pillai

Nagaraj Paturi

Mar 23, 2017, 5:05:18 AM3/23/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
In one of the web pages , in the comments section I found:

The words “Dasharatha, Maa and Ayodhya” can also be interpreted as “MahaVishnu, ShriLakshmi and Vaikuntham”. This shloka, hence, also means
Regard Rāma as MahaVishnu, Sīta as ShriLakshmi.
The forest, as Vaikuntham, and go cheerfully, O son!

The shloka shows Sumitra knew who ShriRama was!

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )

shankara

Mar 23, 2017, 5:08:22 AM3/23/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

There is a legend according to which, Vikramaditya, once asked the scholars in his court to point out the most important verse of Ramayana. None of the scholars were able to answer the king's question. Vararuchi, the most prominent among them also failed to identify such a verse from Ramayana. He requested the king to grant him some time and went to the forest where he came to know the most important verse of Valmiki Ramyana, by the blessings of forest deities (vanadevatas). It was the verse beginning with 'Ramam Dasaratham Viddhi...". Vararuchi returned to the palace. King was pleased when he knew that Vararuchi was able to identify the most important verse of Ramayana. It is also said that Vararuchi gave 8 different interpretations of this verse.

The above story is from a book named 'Aitihyamala' which is very popular in Kerala. The different interpretations of this verse are not given in the book. I hope learned members of this list will be able to provide different interpretations of this verse.

regards
shankara

Sunder Hattangadi

Mar 23, 2017, 3:01:22 PM3/23/17