URGENT and IMPORTANT: Is this a genuine or fraudulent mail

Shreyas P. Munshi

Apr 24, 2014, 3:20:55 AM4/24/14
to samskritaowner, samskrita

Dear Group,
I received he following mail (I have cop-pasted fro my inbox); Kindly tell me if it is a genuine mail or a mischievous mail:

Subject: Urgent Reply
From: "P.K.Ramakrishnan" <peek...@yahoo.com> Wed, 23 Apr '14 8:30p
To: undisclosed recipients: ; and others
Bcc:

Hello,

I really hope you get this fast. I could not inform everyone about my trip to kiev, UKRAINE for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel we stayed I was mugged at gun point and all my valuables were stolen (cash, credit cards and phone, where I went for sightseeing before leaving to the airport since my return flight is in few hours. Luckily I had my passport in my hotel room to get me home.

Its was a terrible experience. all i need more is $2,550 USD to settle some outstanding hotel bills and also take a cab to the airport. I have contacted my bank, but the best they can do is to mail a new card which will take 2 to 3 days to get here.Western Union Transfer is the fastest option to wire the funds to me. Please let me know if you can help me out? I promise to make the immediate refund when i get home.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------
P.K.Ramakrishnan
http://peekayar.blogspot.com

____________________________

Shreyas Munshi
shreya...@rediffmail.com
C202, Mandar Apartments, 120 Ft D P Road,
Seven Bungalows, Versova, Mumbai 400 061
Tel Res: (22) 26364290 Mob: 981 981 8197

Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.
Know More >
Message has been deleted

Ajit Gargeshwari

Apr 24, 2014, 3:23:07 AM4/24/14
to Samskrita Google Group
off course a fraudulent mail G mail promptly alerts about such mail. Please be careful about such mail and don't click on any links your security will be compromised Thanks

Regards
Ajit Gargeshwari
न जायते म्रियते वा कदाचिन्नायं भूत्वा भविता वा न भूयः।
अजो नित्यः शाश्वतोऽयं पुराणो न हन्यते हन्यमाने शरीरे।।2.20।।

Sanjay Chakravarty [Gmail]

Apr 24, 2014, 6:04:30 AM4/24/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com

ViswaPrabha (വിശ്വപ്രഭ)

Apr 24, 2014, 3:35:31 AM4/24/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com, samskritaowner
Please DO NOT EVEN RESPOND TO OR BOTHER about such mails!

These are the handiworks of notorius crooks. They somehow get hold the user ID and password of a poor internet user and then send such mails to all the people in his contact list.

The real user may not have even dreamt of Ukraine in his whole life. He would be happily resting at his home or working in his office.

These people will prepare such messages with such impersonating and real-looking facts that anyone will believe it is a genuine call for help.

-Viswam

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Shreyas P. Munshi <shreya...@rediffmail.com> wrote:

Shankar Ravi

Apr 24, 2014, 9:03:47 AM4/24/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
sure looks like spam, I also received one.