meaning of the name "sree han"

Ashwin Kumar Surabhi

Jul 22, 2017, 10:08:24 PM7/22/17
to samskrita
Hi all,

i need some help regarding naming of our son.
We are planning to name our boy as 'sree han'.
We liked it, but we are not sure about it's meaning.
someone told me it's meaning is "vishnu".

I want to check it's meaning, before we name him.
I would be grateful if someone could help me.

Thanks
Ashwin

Shrivathsa B

Jul 23, 2017, 1:11:50 AM7/23/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
shriihan = Someone who kills / goes towards shrii.
Why such a name?

ken p

Jul 23, 2017, 11:41:51 AM7/23/17
to samskrita

Shrivathsa B

Jul 23, 2017, 12:50:46 PM7/23/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
N ot there in the sahasranAma. Also has an obnoxious meaning. Better to drop the idea.

Nityanand Misra

Jul 23, 2017, 11:29:58 PM7/23/17
to samskrita
If I remember correctly, the moderator of the list requested long time back that this is not a forum for baby name questions.