सुभाषित रत्न भाण्डागार (संक्षिप्त) SUBHASHITA RATNA BHANDAGARA (Abridged) Gems of Sanskrit Poetry

Hindi Granth Karyalay

Oct 13, 2017, 11:18:01 AM10/13/17
to Googlegroup Sanskrit

ॐ ह्रीं श्रीपार्श्वनाथाय नमः

Auṃ Hrīṃ ŚrīPārśvanāthāya Namaḥ

Jay Jinendra

सुभाषित रत्न भाण्डागार (संक्षिप्त)

SUBHASHITA RATNA BHANDAGARA (Abridged)
Gems of Sanskrit Poetry
A Collection of Witty, Epigrammatic, Instructive, and Descriptive Verses

Sanskrit text + Hindi translation
Compiled by Kashinath Sharma
Ed. Narayan Ram Acharya

Hindi translation by Ram Prakash Jha & Om Prakash Pandey

Set of 3 books
2009     25 x 19 cm     1258 pages     [2.7 kilos]

₹ 1800

http://www.navelgazing.net/2017/10/subhashita-ratna-bhandagara-gems-of.html

Verily,

पृथिव्यां त्रिणि रत्नानि जलमन्नं सुभाषितम्

मूढैः पाशाणखण्डेषु रत्नसंज्ञाभिधीयते

prithivyaam trini ratnaani jalamannam subhaashitam
mudhaih paashaanakhandeshu ratnasamjnaabhidhiiyate

There are only three gems in this world

Water, food and words of wisdom
Those who call bits of rock as gems
Are fools

Sanskrit is one of the greatest contributions of India to mankind.  It is a language that encompasses some of the best writings in the world in fields as diverse as poetry, philosophy, dramatics, spirituality, yoga, ayurveda, self development, politics, economics and erotica.

For thousands of years, Sanskrit has expressed the religious, social, political, economic and cultural worldviews and aspirations of our motherland.

The name Sanskrit means refined, consecrated and sanctified. Sanskrit is the classical language of India and the liturgical language of Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism. It is one of the 22 official languages of India.

The Subhashita-Ratna-Bhandagaram is a compilation of more than 10,000 subhashitas (wise sayings) from Sanskrit literature compiled and arranged subjectwise by Shri Kashinath Sharma. It was published by the fabled Nirnayasagara Press in 1952. In this edition, the Sanskrit subhashita is followed by an excellent Hindi translation; which makes it accessible to a large audience.

This book is ideal for all those who love language and relish its elegant usage. It is a must have for public orators. We are proud to make this book available at our bookstore and through mail order.

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

http://www.navelgazing.net/2017/01/faqs.html

Best regards,

Manish Yashodhar Modi