Putting accents on letters

Vaidhhya Mani

May 15, 2018, 2:00:59 PM5/15/18
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
I want to know about putting accents on letters for Sanskrit (transliterated into english) like putting under ,upper accents on letters.
I have tried a various apps regarding about it. But it was not good.
Kindly please help me if you know

Shrivathsa B

May 15, 2018, 4:12:36 PM5/15/18
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
Use Bhashaime. Search this term on Google.

Sunder Hattangadi

May 15, 2018, 4:21:17 PM5/15/18
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH

[INDOLOGY] Typing vedic accents in Windows and Mac systems   McComas Taylor
[INDOLOGY] Typing vedic accents in Windows and Mac systems   Dipak Bhattacharya
[INDOLOGY] Typing vedic accents in Windows and Mac systems   McComas Taylor
[INDOLOGY] Typing vedic accents in Windows and Mac systems   Dipak Bhattacharya
[INDOLOGY] Typing vedic accents in Windows and Mac systems   Oleg Bendz
[INDOLOGY] Typing vedic accents in Windows and Mac systems   Madhav Deshpande
[INDOLOGY] Typing vedic accents in Windows and Mac systems   Sven Sellmer
[INDOLOGY] Typing vedic accents in Windows and Mac systems   Sven Sellmer

Vaidhhya Mani

May 15, 2018, 10:54:14 PM5/15/18
to sams...@googlegroups.com, sunder.h...@yahoo.com
Dear sunderji,
I am asking this for Android version
7.1.1

Sunder Hattangadi

May 16, 2018, 7:29:04 AM5/16/18
to sams...@googlegroups.com

Taff Rivers

May 16, 2018, 10:37:07 AM5/16/18
to samskrita
Vaidhhya,

You can try Sankrit keyboard plugin(IAST) :

It requires that the plugin Multiling O Keyboard be installed.

BTW, a mobile is not a good device for doing a lot of typing.

Regards,

  Taff_Rivers

Shrivathsa B

May 16, 2018, 3:44:18 PM5/16/18
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
You can use the "Multiling O" keyboard (infinitely customizable) or "Gboard" or Google Indic keyboard.

q885

Jun 8, 2018, 8:26:39 PM6/8/18
to samskrita
Namas tē,

If you have Windows 10, you can use this keyboard layout I created with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator.  I think it works on Windows 7 as well.

It says the language is Estonian.  That's just so you can tell it apart from "EN" or "ENG" for English and "SA" or "सं" for Sanskrit.  The abbreviation is either "ET" or "EST" so I figure it can stand for English Transliteration or English Sanskrit Transliteration.

It can do IAST as well as ISO 15919.

Just hold the right <ALT> and press a letter to get the variant version.  For "ś", hold down right <ALT> and hit "z".  Right <ALT>+"m" is the IAST "ṃ".  Hold <CTRL> and press "m" for ISO 15919 "ṁ".  Hold right <ALT> and press "r" for IAST "ṛ" or <CTRL>+"r" for "ṝ".  For ISO 15919 "r̥", press "r" then hold right <ALT> and press ".".  For "r̥̄" press "r" then hold right <ALT> and press "." then "-".  Likewise for "l̥", press "l" and then right <ALT>+".".  Use right <ALT>+"g" for "ṅ" and right <ALT>+"j" for "ñ".  The rest are pretty self-explanatory.

It cannot do Vēdic accents ("ā́", "í") etc.  That would be a lot trickier to implement, unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

Vaidhhya Mani

Jun 8, 2018, 9:36:44 PM6/8/18
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Shrivatsa ji,
How to enable this software in windows 10?
Please help me. Thank you

Manish Modi

Jun 9, 2018, 4:57:04 AM6/9/18
to samskrita
I really struggle with this myself.

This is what I do.

I type the content in Harvard-Kyoto. Then I convert it to Devanagari or diacritics using the following software:

http://www.learnsanskrit.org/tools/sanscript

Shrivathsa B

Jun 9, 2018, 7:04:43 AM6/9/18
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
Windows defender blocks bhashaime. The developer is working on a solution. You can use bhashaime on win 7 without a problem.

Sunder Hattangadi

Jun 9, 2018, 7:20:25 AM6/9/18
to samskrita

Azhagi.com - Hosting 3 freeware - Azhagi+, Azhagi Android App, Classic Azhagi

How to download/install/use Azhagi+? Step-by-step instructions:

Key mappings (transliteration scheme) for Tamil:

Key mappings (transliteration schemes) for all languages:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

Features of AzhagiPlus (What all you can do using it):

How to install and use Azhagi Android App? Step-by-step instructions:

Key mappings for 'அழகி - ஒலிபெயர்ப்பு' transliteration keyboard:

Features of Azhagi Android App (What all you can do using it):

Comprehensive details - for Azhagi Android App and Azhagi+ (AzhagiPlus):

Screenshots, Video demos, Tutorials:

Unique/special/unusual features of Azhagi+ and Azhagi:

Azhagi - in Wikipedia:
Azhagi _(software)

Azhagi - in Tamil Wikipedia:

Facebook group of Azhagi:

Facebook page of Azhagi:

How to download/install/use Azhagi+ 'portable' version? Step-by-step instructions:

How to transliterate in ANY Tamil font you own:

The power of the XML files of Azhagi+:

How to change (add/delete/modify) the existing key mappings of Azhagi+:

How to create and add your own 'Language+Font+Keyboard' combination and start typing in it:

How to download/install/use 'classic' Azhagi? Step-by-step instructions:

Features of Azhagi (What all you can do using it):

Comprehensive details - for 'Classic' Azhagi:

Media reviews:

Testimonials:
Users' Testimonials - for Azhagi Android App  (for Azhagi Android App)

Users' Testimonials - on Azhagi/Azhagi+  (for Azhagi+ and Azhagi)

Users:

Operating manual:
http://azhagi.com/aa.html#ins  (for Azhagi Android App)

http://azhagi.com/oper.html  (for Azhagi)

How to type using Azhagi Android App:

How to type using Azhagi+:

How to type using Azhagi:

100s of free Tamil and Indic fonts:

How to type in Tamil in Adobe PageMaker, Photoshop, InDesign, Corel's CorelDraw, etc.:

How to print and publish books in Tamil (Hindi, etc.):

How to create websites in Tamil (Hindi, etc.) in differently styled fonts:

How to transliterate Sanskrit (and other languages) in Tamil with subscripts (2,3,4):

How to type in Grantha (Unicode):

How to type in Sourashtra (Unicode):

How to type in Sourashtra (Non-Unicode):

Story of Azhagi:

Your contribution:

Spread the news:

Other softwares:

Innovations:

Help for innovations:

Sitemap:

About me, the author:

My contacts:

DR Y N RAO

Jun 9, 2018, 6:06:50 PM6/9/18
to sams...@googlegroups.com, DR Y N RAO
Dear Mr. Manish Modi,

The 'Sanscript' Tool is working well!  Does it work only Online OR could it be downloaded so as to work Offline also?  Please clarify.

With best wishes,
--Dr. Y.N. RAO,
09/06/2018

ken p