Manusmriti

Sinu S

Jun 6, 2017, 1:35:57 PM6/6/17
to samskrita

It is popularly hypothesized that some of manusmriti verses were altered or added on later. How do experts figure out if a verse is modified or not.
But vedas are claimed to be still unchanged. Is there any encryption method that VedaVyasa followed when he composed all the vedas and mahabharata ?
Is it known to us.?

Thank you all
Sinu

kamalesh pathak

Jun 8, 2017, 1:08:00 AM6/8/17
to samskrita
Sorry if as a junior member I comment for the Vedas as unedited or non modified, in Rig-Veda experts will agree there are क्षेपक sutras like devi atharva shirsha,
Kindly pardon if my argument is irrelevant in this context.
Kamlesh pathak

विश्वासो वासुकिजः

Jun 22, 2017, 1:05:13 PM6/22/17
to samskrita
with regards to the multiplicity of shAkhA-s and samhita-s, an evolution and corruption is clearly acknowledged in lingapurANa-
एको वेदश्चतुष्पादस्त्रेतास्विह विधीयते । संक्षयादायुषश्चैव व्यस्यते द्वापरेषु सः ॥ १,३९.५७ ॥ ऋषिपुत्रैः पुनर्भेदा भिद्यन्ते दृष्टिविभ्रमैः । मन्त्रब्राह्मणविन्यासैः स्वरवर्णविपर्ययैः ॥ १,३९.५८ ॥ संहिता ऋग्यजुःसाम्नां संहन्यन्ते मनीषिभिः । सामान्या वैकृताश्चैव द्रष्टृभिस्तैः पृथक्पृथक् ॥ १,३९.५९ ॥

Despite this, the supreme prAmANya of the veda-s remains unchallenged  (The edits were done with the best intentions and by people we trust). Similarly, even manusmRti itself acknowledges editing by bhRgu and co - yet the edited parts are to be taken seriously.

मंगलवार, 6 जून 2017 को 10:35:57 पूर्व UTC-7 को, Sinu S ने लिखा: