Doubt in Vishnusahasranama Bhashyam

Subrahmanian R

Mar 22, 2015, 5:18:43 PM3/22/15
to samskrita
Respected Scholars,

In the Sankara Bhashya of Vishnu Sahasranama, for the name of the Lord गदाग्रजः [764] the alternative meaning given is: यद्वा गदो नाम श्री वासुदेवावरज: तस्मातग्रे जायत इति गदाग्रज:| I hear for the first time about any younger brother of Lord Krishna. I will be blessed to learn about this.

Respectfully
R Subrahmanian

Hnbhat B.R.

Mar 22, 2015, 8:45:08 PM3/22/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com

See Bhagavata 9.24.52 Gada was born to वसुदेव in देवरक्षिता.

Hnbhat B.R.

Mar 22, 2015, 10:41:40 PM3/22/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com
BhP_09.24.052/1 devarakṣitayā labdhā nava cātra gadādayaḥ
BhP_09.24.052/2 vasudevaḥ sutān aṣṭāv ādadhe sahadevayā

०९.२४.०५२/ देवरक्षितया लब्धा नव चात्र गदादयः
                   वसुदेवः सुतान् अष्टाव् आदधे सहदेवया||

Subrahmanian R

Mar 25, 2015, 7:14:19 PM3/25/15
to samskrita