Dr. Pushpa Dikshit

Vivek

Mar 2, 2017, 11:38:52 AM3/2/17
to samskrita
Hari Om,

Anyone familiar wih Dr. Pushpa Dikshit and her method of teaching and having the student absorb the entire Ashtadhyayi in 6 months? A practice that traditionally takes 12 years.

https://sites.google.com/site/pushpadikshit1/works

सीताराम

Mar 2, 2017, 12:08:49 PM3/2/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com, Swarup
Swarup ji is proponent of this method of teaching and he is copied in this mail as well
I hope this help

धन्यवाद: - राम

Irene Galstian

Mar 2, 2017, 1:45:48 PM3/2/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com, Swarup
I apologise for the sudden disappearance. I am in the middle of dealing with unexpected events in my life.
Raama, I owe you deep thanks both for the advice and the materials shared.
Since this thread is likely to know about Govinda Prasada Sharma's work, does anyone have access to the 1st volume of his LaghuSK set?
Sharma also wrote a one-volume all-in-one edition of the same. If anyone has seen it, please tell more.
I should be back in action after the 9th of March. In the meantime, thank you all for the input.
Irene
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to samskrita+...@googlegroups.com.

सीताराम

Naresh Cuntoor

Aug 22, 2020, 4:01:24 PM8/22/20
to Sanskrit
Sitaram,

When posting on the group, please pay attention to the tone of posts. Re: " sincere advise is not to waste time on SK and LSK methods". These sentiments remind me of a thread from a couple of years ago from another of Smt. Pushpa Dikshit's students who championed the method with similar fervour.

It is one thing to praise a method of learning. It is great that you found the Dikshit methodology useful. In the same breath, must you rubbish other approaches? -- And time-tested approaches at that.  In your enthusiasm to speak for the Dikshit methodology, referring to SK approach as for jobs and certifications seems a bit presumptuous, surely?

For what it's worth, I find the Dikshit methodology tedious and too rupasiddhi-centric. If that is your primary interest, sure that might work for you. From a language learning/usage perspective, I found SK + Kashika + Nageshabhatta much more useful (and kavyas of course). For word forms, I prefer the Brihaddhatu / Krudantarupamala route.

Naresh

सीताराम

Aug 22, 2020, 5:26:15 PM8/22/20
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Naresh,
I generally don't write on the forum because you cannot have a coherent argument with anyone with written text messages. I Appreciate your feedback. its freedom of speech I shared my experience and my opinion like you did yours. People who read this forum are adults and can choose for themselves.
If you say this is an echo chamber where one should not say anything against LSK, SK and other prakriya works. Then a small disclaimer would do and people like me would stay quiet. What these videos yourself and tell me after how many years of SK and LSK learning a student have an understanding overall scheme of Panini
When the end goal is to learn Paniniyan grammar then it should be to learn the Panini way.
You are free to moderate my message or prevent it from publishing or lock the thread.

Naresh Cuntoor

Aug 22, 2020, 6:00:55 PM8/22/20
to Sanskrit
Sitaram,

Who said anything about echo chambers?Surely as adults we can have a coherent discussion in a textual medium.
 All I requested was to watch the tone of your posts.

Instead of making sweeping statements, at least give a considered and supported view.

Regarding moderation - the primary reasons for moderating posts is to ensure that posts stay within scope of the group's purpose, to limit spam and to dissuade repeated questions.

If that is too much to ask, please feel free to remain a mute spectator.

If you want further clarification, let us take the discussion off-list.

And thank you for the links, I am familiar with Smt. Dikshit's lessons. My comment wasn't made without listening to her lessons and reading her books. It is certainly good to post the YouTube link though.

Thanks,
Naresh

Sanju Nath

Aug 22, 2020, 10:57:12 PM8/22/20
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

Can we not resolve this by the examinations passed by the students following the two methods and the time taken?  Or the students of Dr. Dikshit take a standard examination to show their mastery of Ashtadhyayi at par with the older, traditional method?

This shouldn’t be a debate or one opinion vs another, imho.

Sincerely,
Sanjivendra.

--
Sanju Nath

Nagaraj Paturi

Aug 23, 2020, 1:11:41 AM8/23/20
to sams...@googlegroups.com
older thread on the topic

in which it has been mentioned that the Dr Pushpa Dixit's paddhati has its origins in Arya Samaj's 'Direct Ashtadhyayi Paddhati' Saralatamavidhi which in turn has its origins in Swami Dayanada Saraswati's criticism of Kaumudi paddhati and recommendation of Direct Ashtadhyayi Paddhati.

Kaumudi is not a non-Ashtadhyayi Paddhati. It organizes Ashtadhyayi differently and its versions Laghu, Madhya and Brihat have been organized for pedagogical purposes depending on the target audience and the final level of learning targeted.

--
Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Director,  Inter-Gurukula-University Centre , Indic Academy
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra
BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala
BoS Veda Vijnana Gurukula, Bengaluru.
Member, Advisory Council, Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthanam, Bengaluru
Former Senior Professor of Cultural Studies,
FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,
Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Hnbhat B.R.

Aug 23, 2020, 2:32:45 AM8/23/20
to samskrita@googlegroups com
Siddhantakaumudi had predecessors like Prakriyakaumudi of Ramacandra 15th century and Rupavatara earler than it 12th century.

विश्वासो वासुकिजः

Aug 25, 2020, 1:51:44 AM8/25/20
to samskrita
On Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 1:31:24 AM UTC+5:30 Naresh Cuntoor wrote:

For word forms, I prefer the Brihaddhatu / Krudantarupamala route.

सिद्धेषु रूपेषु सुलभेषु कुतो नाम रूपसिद्धौ श्रम इति?
सन्धिसमासाभ्याम् एव (विभक्तिविधानाय च) प्रायेण व्याकरणप्रयोजनम् अवशिष्टम् इति च?

अनया धारया विचिन्त्य पुनर् अवलोकितम् भाष्यम् ( 01_paspashAhnikam/02_shabda-shAstra-prayojanam/ ), इत्थञ्च निश्चितम् -
यन्त्रसुलभकोशादिभिर् झटिति लक्ष्यावलोकने सरले सति, लक्षणस्य प्रामुख्यं ह्रसितम् अधुना। तथाप्य् अपवादभूयिष्ठताम् अपहाय विपुलव्याप्तीनि लक्षणानि ज्ञेयानि नैपुण्यार्थम्। अपवादकलनार्थं सन्तु नाम कोशाः सन्धानयन्त्राणि च।

भवतां कोऽभिप्रायः?