Sathya

Feb 14, 2017, 10:59:23 PM2/14/17
to Samskritam Google-group

Namaste

In svarga varga of Amarakosha there are the following shlokas.

सर्वज्ञः सुगतो बुद्धो धर्मराजस्तथागतः
समन्तभद्रो भगवान्मारजिल्लोकजिज्जिनः

षडभिज्ञो दशबलोऽद्वयवादी विनायकः
मुनीन्द्रः श्रीघनः शास्ता मुनिः शाक्यमुनिस्तु यः

स शाक्यसिंहः सर्वार्थसिद्धः शौद्धोदनिश्च सः
गौतमश्चार्कबन्धुश्च मायादेवीसुतश्च सः

The names from सर्वज्ञः to मुनिः towards the end of second shlOka are classified as the names of buddha. The names from शाक्यमुनिः to मायादेवीसुतः are classified as the names of shAkyamuni.

My question is regarding the distinction between buddha and shAkyamuni. Isn't buddha the same as shAkyamuni.

Thanks

Sathya

dhaval patel

Feb 14, 2017, 11:13:19 PM2/14/17
to samskrita

The names from सर्वज्ञः to मुनिः towards the end of second shlOka are classified as the names of buddha. The names from शाक्यमुनिः to मायादेवीसुतः are classified as the names of shAkyamuni.

Who classified this way? Which commentary or translation? To me they seem a single lot.

Anunad Singh

Feb 14, 2017, 11:26:31 PM2/14/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
What is current status of the 'Vande maataram library' conceived by Shri Sampadananda Mishra? It seems its site,  vandemataramlibrary.org/  ,  is not accessible at present.

-- anunaada

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 9:43 AM, dhaval patel <drdhav...@gmail.com> wrote:

The names from सर्वज्ञः to मुनिः towards the end of second shlOka are classified as the names of buddha. The names from शाक्यमुनिः to मायादेवीसुतः are classified as the names of shAkyamuni.

Who classified this way? Which commentary or translation? To me they seem a single lot.

Nagaraj Paturi

Feb 15, 2017, 12:15:46 AM2/15/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
The library question does not belong here, was it mistakenly posted here?
--
Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )

Anunad Singh

Feb 15, 2017, 12:26:03 AM2/15/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry! I forgot to change the subject.

-- anunaada

Sathya

Feb 15, 2017, 9:16:14 AM2/15/17
to Samskritam Google-group

I saw this classification in vyAkhyAsudhA by bhAnuji dIxita edited by Pt. vAsudeva laxmaNa paNashikara, chaukhambaa press. I have included images of the two relevant pages.

Correction the names from शाक्यमुनिः to मायादेवीसुतः are classified as the names of shAkya.

Sathya

The names from सर्वज्ञः to मुनिः towards the end of second shlOka are classified as the names of buddha. The names from शाक्यमुनिः to मायादेवीसुतः are classified as the names of shAkyamuni.

Who classified this way? Which commentary or translation? To me they seem a single lot.

20170215_060417_resized_1.jpg
20170215_060503_resized_2.jpg