anunasikaakshara sthaapanam in Yajur veda

KN.Ramesh

Oct 1, 2015, 11:52:31 AM10/1/15
to samskrita
Courtesy: Excerpts from the book, श्री रुद्राद्धयाय घन पाठं by my Guru salakshana Vidwaan  Arya somayajula Brahmasri.Venkata Jagannatha Rao, Ghanapaati.

अनुनासिकाक्षर स्थापनम्  :

वर्गाक्षरम्  or स्पर्साक्षरम्  : Alphabets from  क to  म  25 in number are called वर्गाक्षरम्  or स्पर्साक्षरम् . The fifth alphabets ङ्,ञ,ण, न , म ( sorry I am not able to put the halant below these- read them as consonants)  is the अनुनासिकाक्षरम् respectively for that varga. If the poorna bindu is followed by any of the above 25 letters, then that corresponding 5th alphabet अनुनासिकाक्षरम् is the आदेशम् for that anusvaaram. Hence it is to be used &  pronounced as per the वर्गोत्तमाक्षरं.

eg. गङ्ग to be written & pronounced like this only.

स्पर्सोत्तरो मकारस्तु यवलोत्तर एव च |
अनुनासिक मेतेषां सवरणं प्रतिपद्यते || ( Vyasasikshaa saastram slokas, 164,165)

 सानुनासिक अनुस्वारम् :If poorna bindu is followed by य र ल व, then it has to be pronounced nasally - तच्छं योरा वृणीमहे is to be pronounced as तच्छय्न् योरा वृणीमहे. Here य्न् is to be pronounced nasally  or the न् part is to be pronounced almost as य् , exact pronunciation I am not able to write , if required I shall pronounce and show.

There are 2 types of anusvarams in krishna yajur veda:
1)सगत्वानुस्वारम् or आगमानुस्वारम्
2)अगत्वानुस्वारम् or केवलानुस्वारम्

1) सगत्वानुस्वारम्: If poorna bindu is followed by श,ष ,स ,ह then ग is the आदेशम् for the anussvaaram. To be pronounced as ग्ं.
eg:हंस: to be pronounced as  ग्ं.स: or more appropriately as ह(chandramawith bindu inside)स:. In grantha books this is written as हoस:,  सि o ह:, स o हि ता (sagumhitaa)
There are 5 types of Sagatvaanusvaaram based on the alphabets that occur in front of the anusvaara (ह्रस्व दीर्घ or प्लुतम्) and the alphabets that follow the anusvaaram ( असंयुक्ताख्षरं, संयुक्ताख्षरं   or अच् )
a) ह्रस्व पूर्वम् , असंयुक्ताख्षरं  परम् - हि ग्ंसी:, गणपतिग्ंहवामहे - here the maatraa kaalam for  ग्ं is 2 maatras.
b) दीर्घ or प्लुतम्  पूर्वम्,  असंयुक्ताख्षरं  परम् - पाग्ंसव्याय , -here the maatraa kaalam is 1 maatra
c)  ह्रस्व पूर्वम्, संयुक्ताख्षरं   परम् - स्तुहि स्रुतग्स्  स्रुतग्स् स्तुहि स्तुहि स्रुतम् -ग्ग्स्  is the pronounciation of the anusvaaram here (You have to press little and tell, dont know how to put it in writing) - maatra kalam 1 maatra - Usually denoted by double chandramaa one below the other with poorna bindu on the top chandrama.
d)  दीर्घ or प्लुतम्  पूर्वम्, संयुक्ताख्षरं   परम् - अहीग्श्च , कल्पताग्स्स्रोत्रम् - ग्स्  is the pronounciation of the anusvaaram here - maatra kalam 1 maatra.
e) दीर्घ  पूर्वम्, अच् परम् - बाणवाग्ंउत - Here the maatra kalam is 1.25 ( 1 1/4 not eleven by 4, one-one by four).

2)अगत्वानुस्वारम् : We learnt about वर्गाक्षरम्  or स्पर्साक्षरम् rule in the first para. But this rule is not valid for ज्ञ and  घ्न . The anusvaaram म् which comes before ज्ञ and  घ्न is called अगत्वानुस्वारम् or  केवलानुस्वारम्. That means it is an anusvaaram without ग.

 ज्ञघ्नोत्तरो मकारश्चे दनुस्वारोत्र केवल:|
द्विमात्र इति विज्ञेयो ह्यन्य धर्म विवर्जित: || (Vyasasikshaa saastram slokas, 166,167)

eg, संज्ञानं, तमघ्नन्ति etc

For the jataa paatam of ज्ञात्रञ्चमे in camakam,
मे ज्ञात्रं (2)   ज्ञात्रं मे  मे  ज्ञात्रं | (Sorry I am not able to put the svarams here) After the 2nd word  ज्ञात्रं - 2 maatra viraama kaalam ( break) is to be given and then only chanted. This is for the केवलानुस्वारम् .

For exact pronounciations, I  request to learn from  veda pundits .

With humble pranaams at the lotus feet of my Guru salakshana Vidwaan  Arya somayajula Brahmasri.Venkata Jagannatha Rao, Ghanapaati.

Hnbhat B.R.

Oct 1, 2015, 12:58:24 PM10/1/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com

Why do you repeat the same thing verbatim as you have posted in the relate thread?

You have not answered my question first of all where the अनुस्वार comes first and proceed to Vedic pronunciation according to शिक्षा-s , nwhich are more than 20 or 30, according to the शाखा-s they relate.  पाणिनीयशिक्षा itself 4 or five versions which are different in the text which is considered as वेदाङ्ग. The other शिक्षा-s numbering more than 30 (approximately) have their own views on pronunciation in addition to प्रातिशाख्य for each Veda. How you can declare only the pronunciation according to कृष्णयुर्वेद and Vedavyasa शिक्षा is only authentic as you have learnt?

G S S Murthy

Oct 2, 2015, 8:37:33 AM10/2/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Rameshji. Very informative.
Regards,
murthy

Subrahmanian R

Oct 2, 2015, 8:44:06 PM10/2/15
to samskrita
Rameshji,

You mean स्पर्श. I do not think there is anything by स्पर्स.

With respects
R Subrahmanian

Hnbhat B.R.

Oct 3, 2015, 8:31:55 AM10/3/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Here is a list of available Shiksha-s:

Bhāradvāja Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Vyāsa Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Pāri Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Śhambhu Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Kauhalīya Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Vāsiṣhṭha Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Vāsiṣhṭhī Śhikṣhā (Tirupati) (PDF)
Vāsiṣhṭhī Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Āpiśhali Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Kauṇḍinya Śhikṣhā (Hyderabad) (PDF)
Kauṇḍinya Śhikṣhā (Mysore) (PDF)
Pāṇinīya Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Ātreya Śhikṣhā (Hamburg) (PDF)
Ātreya Śhikṣhā (Madras) (PDF)
Ātreya Śhikṣhā (Tirupati) (PDF)
Nāradīyā Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Vyāli Śikṣā (Aṣṭavikṛtivivṛtiḥ) (PDF)
Vyāli Śhikṣhā (2) (PDF)
Vyāla Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Śhaiśhirīya Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Lomaśhīyā Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Gautamīya Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Cārāyaṇīya Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Lakṣhmīkānta Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Lakṣhmīkānta Śhikṣhā (2) (PDF)
Yājñavalkya Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Kātyāyana Śhikṣhā) (PDF)
Kātyāyanī Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Pārāsharīya Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Māṇḍavya Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Amoghānandinī Śhikṣhā (Benares) (PDF)
Amoghānandinī Śhikṣhā (BORI) (PDF)
Laghvamoghānandinī Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Āmareśa Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Keśhavīya Śhikṣhā (PDF)
Keśhavī_padyātmikā Śhikṣhā (PDF)

All are available in pdf form. In the same web page you can find more of Shiksha type texts:

Hnbhat B.R.

Oct 3, 2015, 8:34:52 AM10/3/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Here is one more link for Shiksha Texts:

Dr P Narayanan

Oct 4, 2015, 9:52:50 AM10/4/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com

सुब्रह्मण्यमहाशय,
एवमेव पाठम्, अनुस्वारम्, आदेशम् इत्यादिनपुंसकरूपाणि, सानुनासिक अनुस्वारम् इत्यत्र सन्ध्यभावो विशेषसन्धिर्वा एवं बहवो विषयास्तल्लेखस्था अस्मत्पठितसंस्कृतव्याकरणनियममतिवर्तन्ते । अतश्चैतादृशेषु विषयेषु मौनमेव शोभेत यथा हरिनारायणभट्टैरन्यत्र "‌... दूरादस्पर्शनं वरम्" वरम् इति सूचितम् ।

नारायण आयुर्वेदवैद्यः ।

KN.Ramesh

Oct 5, 2015, 12:16:03 PM10/5/15
to samskrita, K. N. RAMESH
Respected Bhat Ji,

Many thanks for those wonderful links on Shiksha.

Can you please take little more  pain in locating the verses & give the source for downloading the Vyasa siksha and yajurveda pratisakhya books in digital form?

I never claimed that what ever I have learnt only is correct & the pronunciation according to कृष्णयुर्वेद and Vedavyasa शिक्षा is only authentic.
These are purely your interpretations.

I am just sharing additional info known to me and any corrections even if it is silly are most welcome. I always stand to be corrected.

However I am attaching the exact phrases of the book in the above pics.

KN.Ramesh

Oct 5, 2015, 12:16:06 PM10/5/15
to samskrita
R Subrahmanian ji,

You are right very much. Regret for the typo.