CAN ANY MEMBER SUGGEST A GOOD BOOK ON SANSKRIT 'SUBHAASHITAMs'?

DR Y N RAO

Dec 14, 2017, 9:24:10 AM12/14/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com, DR Y N RAO
Dear All,

Namaste!

I will be highly thankful if any of the Members of this Group can suggest a good book or books on Sanskrit Subhaashitams (संस्कृतसुभाषितानि) preferably with the following features either as a free download or for a price:

a) पदच्छेदः
b) अन्वयः
c) अन्वयार्थः
d) भावार्थः
I await earliest possible response from the beloved Members.

With best wishes,
--Dr. Y.N. RAO,
14/12/2017

G S S Murthy

Dec 14, 2017, 11:01:57 AM12/14/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
please have a look at the attachments. PDF and epub versions of Bhartruhari's Subhashitam with prose order and English translation. I do not know to what extent it will meet your requirements.
Regards,
murthy

Sans_BhartRuhariSatakatrayI.pdf
Sans_BhartRuhariSatakatrayI (1).epub

DR Y N RAO

Dec 14, 2017, 12:24:12 PM12/14/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com, Dr. Y.N. Rao
Dear Mr. G S S Murthy,

Thank you for the Attachments!

Firstly, please accept my Congratulations for you have done a good task!!

I will go through the same and give my feedback.

I do not understand as to what is 'epub' edition!  How to open it?
With best wishes,
--Dr. Y.N. RAO,
14/12/2017
P.S.:

I would like to give you a small trouble!   How to contact you off the group?

Sunder Hattangadi

Dec 14, 2017, 2:20:33 PM12/14/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com

G S S Murthy

Dec 14, 2017, 11:20:41 PM12/14/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com, Dr. Y.N. Rao
Thanks Dr Rao, epub is an eBook format and can be read by most eBook readers though not by kindle. You're welcome to contact me over my email ID murt...@gmail.com. I live in Bangalore.
Regards,
Murthy

DR Y N RAO

Dec 15, 2017, 10:34:04 AM12/15/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com, DR Y N RAO
Dear Mr. Sunder Hattangadi,

Thanks a lot!

With best wishes,
--Dr. Y.N. RAO,
15/12/2017

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/samskrita.

Subramanya Uchangi Hiriyannaiah

Dec 16, 2017, 3:51:16 PM12/16/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rao,,
Are you looking for English or Kannada Translatiion.?
If you like Kannada, One Book called " SUBHASHITA SAMVATSARA"  is available contaiiing 365 Subhashitams, one per day..
It contains Subhashitam in Sanskrit, Meanings and explanation all  in Kaannada
This is written by Vidvan Mhamahopadhya Dr K G Subraya Sharma. It costs only Rs. 200/-

Subramanya UH
9986031949

DR Y N RAO

Dec 17, 2017, 9:47:30 AM12/17/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com, DR Y N RAO
Dear Mr. Subramanya UH,

Namaste!

Thanks for your response!

Actually, I need a book with English translation.

However, you may please give the address from where the book with Kannada translation mentioned by you could be obtained.

With best wishes,
--Dr. Y.N. RAO,
17/12/2017

Subramanya Uchangi Hiriyannaiah

Dec 18, 2017, 12:02:21 PM12/18/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rao,
"SUBHASHITA SAMVATSARA"  IS AVAILABLE AT
Dr Subraya Sharma
127, Balajinagar, ICICI Bank Cross Raod,Uttarahalli Main Road
Subramanyapura Post, Bengalore 560061
Mob:  9886281622  LL: 26396786

Alternaate Address:
Vedanta Nilaya, 1st Main, Subramanyaswamy Temple
Sakamma Gardens, Basavanagudi, Bengalore 04

This is behind Old Shanti Theatre, now NTT Data in the road between Nagasandra Circle and South end circle (Jayanagar).

You can also contact Samskrita Bharathi, Girinagar, next to Sri Raghavendraswa mi Mutt,  Bangalore  for a beautiful book : Bhrtru Hari Niti Shataka ( 50 verses)
complete in Sanskrit,and English veery detailed worth reading

Thanks for contacting
Subramanya UH
9986031949

DR Y N RAO

Dec 18, 2017, 2:34:45 PM12/18/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com, DR Y N RAO
Dear Mr. Subramanya UH,

Thank you very much!

With best wishes,
--Dr. Y.N. RAO,
18/12/2017

ken p

Dec 18, 2017, 3:46:29 PM12/18/17
to samskrita

Hnbhat B.R.

Dec 18, 2017, 7:28:11 PM12/18/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
His requirements are too large, in addition to good book:

a) पदच्छेदः
b) अन्वयः
c) अन्वयार्थः
d) भावार्थः

He might have got such book. He has not mentioned the language of translation.

DR Y N RAO

Dec 19, 2017, 12:18:29 PM12/19/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com, Dr. Y.N. Rao
Dear Mr. ken p,

Thank you for sending the Links!

With best wishes,
--Dr. Y.N. RAO,
19/12/2017

DR Y N RAO

Dec 19, 2017, 12:18:29 PM12/19/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com, DR Y N RAO
Dear Mr. Hnbhat B.R.,

Firstly, I did not get any such book so far!

Secondly, I had already mentioned earlier that I am need of a good book with the following features with English translation:

a) पदच्छेदः
b) अन्वयः
c) अन्वयार्थः
d) भावार्थः

Further, I am very well aware that there are many a Subhaashitam with only overall meaning.   But I am in the need of them with the above features.

With best wishes,
--Dr. Y.N. RAO,
19/12/2017