Examples of Rudram recitation in different parts of India and sakhas

Harry Spier

Feb 21, 2017, 4:21:50 PM2/21/17
to samskrita

Dear list members,

First thank you to Irene Galstian and Kn Ramesh for answering my question on the Rudram of the Challakere brothers.

I now have these samples of the Rudram showing differences in the pronounciation of the "gumkara"  (written as chandrabindu over virama).

1) from Satara Kerala by Hiranyakesin brahmins

2) from Karnataka by Challakere brothers.

Can any of the list members point me to other on-line links to the Rudram where they can identify which part of India the brahmins chantingit are from and if possible what sakha the brahmins are from.

Many thanks,

Harry Spier

Irene Galstian

Feb 21, 2017, 4:49:13 PM2/21/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Apologies for a potentially useless reply, but I recall our teacher speaking highly of KV Raman's Rudram recitation, although I don't know his tradition etc. All I remember is that Raman was praised a couple of times, but we were always told to copy the Challakere Brothers as closely as possible.

Ashwini Kumar Aggarwal

Mar 19, 2017, 12:25:15 PM3/19/17
to samskrita
नमामि ।