Sails and Cordova (PhoneGap)

Brantley Essary

Aug 29, 2013, 2:33:30 PM8/29/13
to sai...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on a POC for a mobile/tablet Cordova app built with Backbone and a Sails.js server hosted on heroku.

Anyone try out Sails with Cordova before?
I'll be posting my findings- I've got two days to burn it down and get an app ready.

Ben Bazzrea

Aug 29, 2013, 2:37:40 PM8/29/13
to Brantley Essary, sai...@googlegroups.com
Hey Brantley,

Actually, Balderdash has used Sails.js with Cordova many times, it's one of the things that makes up our main squeeze.  Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
Ben
--

               (`.         ,-,
               `\ `.    ,;' /
    |         '     `-.;_'
    `  ;    `  ` --,.._;
    `    ,   )   .'
     `._ ,  '   /_
        ; ,''-,;' ``-
         ``-..__\``--`

Brantley Essary

Aug 29, 2013, 2:40:36 PM8/29/13
to Ben Bazzrea, sai...@googlegroups.com
Do you guys have any documentation on your set up for sails + cordova?

Ben Bazzrea

Aug 29, 2013, 2:44:07 PM8/29/13
to Brantley Essary, sai...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, I we don't really have any documentation on the techniques and magic behind our implementation of sails + cordova.  What's giving you pause?

Brantley Essary

Aug 29, 2013, 2:46:11 PM8/29/13
to Ben Bazzrea, sai...@googlegroups.com
Nothing yet- it's been straightforward so far, and I'm confident I'll meet my deadline- just wondering if anyone knew of some roadblocks I might come up against, or any ideas on optimization.

Ben Bazzrea

Aug 29, 2013, 2:49:55 PM8/29/13
to Brantley Essary, sai...@googlegroups.com
None that come to mind but if something comes up we're more than happy to help if we can.

Brantley Essary

Aug 29, 2013, 10:30:35 PM8/29/13
to Ben Bazzrea, sai...@googlegroups.com
I ended up creating a grunt task with concat, cssmin, and uglify, with destinations within the cordova app: /platforms/ios/www/, and I created an index.html to use the production js and css. It was mostly just grunt work, and now I've got a phonegap app. I'm about to start testing the websockets- but iOS is supposed to support that out of the box, now, right?

This has been an awesome project, and sails is badass. I'll post updates with (possibly) more detail later.