Ubuntu 18.04 binaries for Sage 8.9?

Tom Flyer

Oct 17, 2019, 12:27:40 PM10/17/19
to sage-support
I can't find any Ubuntu 18.04 binary for Sage 8.9 on the mirrors listed at http://www.sagemath.org/download-linux.html.
Are there any issues in creating these binary?

Dima Pasechnik

Oct 17, 2019, 12:38:04 PM10/17/19
to sage-support
On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 5:27 PM Tom Flyer <tom....@gmx.de> wrote:

> I can't find any Ubuntu 18.04 binary for Sage 8.9 on the mirrors listed at http://www.sagemath.org/download-linux.html.
> Are there any issues in creating these binary?

the only issue is the absence of a building host running Ubuntu 18.04
in our automatic binaries building system, run by a very small (about
1 person, I gather)
team of volunteers...
Just build it from source, it should be very easy, or use
an alternative package manager (e.g. conda, nix, etc...)

Tom Flyer

Oct 17, 2019, 12:47:24 PM10/17/19
to sage-support
Hi Dima,

I will try to build it from source.

Regards

Tom

henri....@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2019, 1:31:24 PM10/17/19
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I tried sage conda is not really recent too and didn't work for me on ubuntu

The best is to compile it when possible

Jan Groenewald

Oct 17, 2019, 1:38:42 PM10/17/19
to sage-support
Hi

On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 18:38, Dima Pasechnik <dim...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 5:27 PM Tom Flyer <tom....@gmx.de> wrote:

> I can't find any Ubuntu 18.04 binary for Sage 8.9 on the mirrors listed at http://www.sagemath.org/download-linux.html.
> Are there any issues in creating these binary?

the only issue is the absence of a building host running Ubuntu 18.04
in our automatic binaries building system, run by a very small (about
1 person, I gather)
team of volunteers...

We run a buildslave for Ubuntu 18.04.

On sage-release Volker (release manager) said:

I just copied the Ubuntu 16.04 binaries. The buildbot was having some dns problems so the binaries are late.

Maybe the 18.04 will follow soon?

Regards,
Jan

--
  .~.
  /V\     Jan Groenewald

Tom Flyer

Oct 17, 2019, 2:22:50 PM10/17/19
to sage-support
Thanks for the info, so I will wait a litle bit before I try to build it from source. Because the build process will need some time it's an old core duo with 8GB.

Isuru Fernando

Oct 18, 2019, 10:14:11 AM10/18/19
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 12:31 PM henri....@gmail.com <henri....@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried sage conda is not really recent too and didn't work for me on ubuntu

What was the issue with the conda package? If you report the problems, then we can fix them.

Isuru

Eric Gourgoulhon

Oct 21, 2019, 8:06:28 AM10/21/19
to sage-support
Le jeudi 17 octobre 2019 18:27:40 UTC+2, Tom Flyer a écrit :
I can't find any Ubuntu 18.04 binary for Sage 8.9 on the mirrors listed at http://www.sagemath.org/download-linux.html.
Are there any issues in creating these binary?

The SageMath 8.9 binaries for Ubuntu 18.04 are now available from the download page.

Best wishes,

Eric.

Tom Flyer

Oct 21, 2019, 12:30:06 PM10/21/19