Away from 22 june

Jeroen Demeyer

Jun 15, 2013, 7:17:49 AM6/15/13
to sage-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I will be away again for several weeks, starting from 22 june (i.e. next
saterday). I expect to have some time again for Sage at the end of
july/beginning of august.

Next week I hope to release Sage versions 5.10, 5.11.beta0, 5.11.beta1
and 5.11.beta2. The reason that even Sage 5.11.beta2 might be ready is
because of the quite long "rc" phase of Sage 5.10 combined with a sudden
surge of sage-combinat patches.

Jeroen.

Nathann Cohen

Jun 15, 2013, 7:30:46 AM6/15/13
to sage-release
Hellooooooooooo !!

> I will be away again for several weeks, starting from 22 june (i.e. next
> saterday). I expect to have some time again for Sage at the end of
> july/beginning of august.

Have fuuuuuuuuuun then ;-)

> Next week I hope to release Sage versions 5.10, 5.11.beta0, 5.11.beta1 and
> 5.11.beta2. The reason that even Sage 5.11.beta2 might be ready is because
> of the quite long "rc" phase of Sage 5.10 combined with a sudden surge of
> sage-combinat patches.

Wow. That's a schedule. By the way is there anything coming on the git
front ? When should be throw our old hg scripts away ? :-P

Nathann

leif

Jun 15, 2013, 11:30:00 AM6/15/13
to sage-r...@googlegroups.com
Nathann Cohen wrote:
> When should be throw our old hg scripts away ? :-P

Publically burn them on December 31st 2013?

-leif

--
() The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
/\ Help Cure HTML E-Mail

Nathann Cohen

Jun 15, 2013, 12:53:26 PM6/15/13
to sage-release
> Publically burn them on December 31st 2013?

It does make sense to burn them in winter, while doing it now would be a waste of energy.

You have a point.

Nathann

P Purkayastha

Jun 16, 2013, 9:54:38 AM6/16/13
to sage-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, yes, burn the scripts and the .hg directories. Burning them will reduce the weight of hard drives in millions of laptops, desktops and servers.

kcrisman

Jun 18, 2013, 3:33:20 PM6/18/13
to sage-r...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:17:49 AM UTC-4, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
Hello,

I will be away again for several weeks, starting from 22 june (i.e. next
saterday). I expect to have some time again for Sage at the end of
july/beginning of august.

If you could provide one or all of these now, that would be helpful for Sage Days 48.  Especially the Pynac symbol ordering upgrade might cause a lot of rebasing needed, according to Burcin :)

Burcin Erocal

Jun 18, 2013, 4:09:55 PM6/18/13
to sage-r...@googlegroups.com
I already asked Jeroen about this. The recommendation is to use the
unreleased 5.11.beta1.

Upgrade path:

http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/release/sage-5.11.beta1/sage-5.11.beta1/

Disclaimer:

http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/release/sage-5.11.beta1/README.FIRST

I expect the rebasing necessary for potential changes to the released
beta{1,2} will be much less than that required for #9880.

Cheers,
Burcin