* We closed 94 tickets in this release. For details, see

http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/release/sage-5.12.beta1/tickets.html

Closed tickets:

#2088: Optional spkgs should be integrated into the automated cython
building [Reviewed by Jeroen Demeyer]
#4358: Sage spawn too many gp processes [Reviewed by Jeroen Demeyer,
Peter Bruin]
#4867: optional gcc-4.2.1.spkg doesn't build on sage.math [Reviewed by
Jeroen Demeyer]
#5074: singular factorization over GF(p) need not be a complete
factorization [Reviewed by Jeroen Demeyer]
#6155: fix stein-watkins huge optional database [Reviewed by Jeroen Demeyer]
#6247: sage -optional tries to write to SAGE_ROOT [Reviewed by Jeroen
Demeyer]
#14781: untracked files in spkgs should all be under src [Reviewed by R.
Andrew Ohana]
#14902: Singular NULL pointer with a ring of the form QQ(t)[x, y]/(f)
[Reviewed by Jeroen Demeyer, Peter Bruin, Volker Braun]

Merged in sage-5.12.beta1:

#7477: Stefan van Zwam, Rudi Pendavingh: Matroids [Reviewed by Volker
Braun, Rob Beezer]
#12090: Nathann Cohen: Arrangements of pseudolines [Reviewed by Hugh Thomas]
#12188: Peter Bruin: Bug in is_smooth for curves over CC [Reviewed by
Volker Braun]
#12418: Dmitrii Pasechnik: adding Delsarte bound for codes [Reviewed by
Frédéric Chapoton, Punarbasu Purkayastha]
#14171: Jeroen Demeyer, Volker Braun: gap_reset_workspace can fail if
directory is missing [Reviewed by Volker Braun, Jeroen Demeyer]
#14210: Martin Albrecht, Volker Braun: clean up Matrix_mpolynomial_dense
[Reviewed by Volker Braun]
#14267: Frédéric Chapoton: alternative algorithm for the lattice of
order ideals of a poset [Reviewed by Nathann Cohen]
#14469: Volker Braun: Fix _repr_ of graphics objects [Reviewed by Travis
Scrimshaw]
#14516: Travis Scrimshaw: Refactoring of crystals for speedup [Reviewed
by Anne Schilling]
#14563: ​Vincent Delecroix: faster coercion from Integer to Quadratic
Number fields [Reviewed by Volker Braun]
#14573: Travis Scrimshaw: Implement path realization for affine crystals
[Reviewed by Ben Salisbury, Anne Schilling]
#14610: Mark Shimozono, Anne Schilling: Energy function for level zero
LS paths for all types [Reviewed by Anne Schilling, Mark Shimozono, Ben
Salisbury]
#14722: Nicolas M. Thiéry: Add at_startup flag to lazy_import [Reviewed
by Travis Scrimshaw]
#14733: Frédéric Chapoton: pretty unicode banner [Reviewed by Volker
Braun, William Stein]
#14809: Andrew Gainer-Dewar: Broken docstring for functorial composition
of cycle index series [Reviewed by Mike Hansen]
#14827: Stefan van Zwam: Unpickling of matroids sometimes fails
[Reviewed by Michael Welsh]
#14831: Frédéric Chapoton: Doc typo in .is_similar() method [Reviewed by
Thierry Monteil]
#14832: Peter Bruin: Unified construction of irreducible polynomials
over finite fields [Reviewed by Jean-Pierre Flori]
#14837: Alexandre Prusch Züge: Implement graph join operation [Reviewed
by Nathann Cohen]
#14845: Mike Hansen: Zero as a symbol for a permutation group [Reviewed
by Nathann Cohen]
#14859: Nathann Cohen: Automorphism group of a hypergraph [Reviewed by
Frédéric Chapoton]
#14860: Viviane Pons: Bug on binary trees [Reviewed by Christian Stump]
#14866: Frédéric Chapoton: Lazy imports, NilCoxeterAlgebra,
Hall-Littlewood Polynomials [Reviewed by Volker Braun]
#14871: Frédéric Chapoton: method blocks_and_cuts_tree of a graph
[Reviewed by Nathann Cohen]
#14874: Travis Scrimshaw: matrix mutability not same as vectors from
rows() mutability [Reviewed by Volker Braun]
#14891: Beth Malmskog, Adriana Salerno, Yiwei She, Christelle Vincent,
Ursula Whitcher: Counting points on a toric variety over a finite field
[Reviewed by Volker Braun, Andrey Novoseltsev]
#14892: Volker Braun: Track all files in cliquer, and minor cleanup
[Reviewed by Nathann Cohen]
#14899: Andrey Novoseltsev: Anticanonical hypersurfaces cannot handle
finite fields [Reviewed by Volker Braun]
#14903: Volker Braun: Cannot create point on an elliptic curve over a
polynomial ring [Reviewed by Peter Bruin]

Justin C. Walker

未读,
2013年8月20日 18:15:022013/8/20
收件人 sage-r...@googlegroups.com

On Aug 17, 2013, at 00:03 , Jeroen Demeyer wrote:

> Dear Sage lovers,
>
> We're releasing Sage 5.12.beta1.
>
> Source archive:
>
> http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/release/sage-5.12.beta1/sage-5.12.beta1.tar

Built w/o problems on Mac OS X (10.8.4, Quad-core Core i7). All tests ('ptestlong') passed on each system!

On 10.6.8 (Dual 6-core Xeons) I have run the full build three times. Each time, the build fails in devel/sage/sage/tests/cmdline.py line 184) with a timeout.

In fact, it seems to fail many times, because a bunch of tests are run many times.

I just noticed this; is it expected?

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large
-----------

Jeroen Demeyer

未读,
2013年8月21日 05:17:312013/8/21
收件人 sage-r...@googlegroups.com
On 08/21/2013 12:15 AM, Justin C. Walker wrote:
> On 10.6.8 (Dual 6-core Xeons) I have run the full build three times. Each time, the build fails in devel/sage/sage/tests/cmdline.py line 184) with a timeout.
I assume you mean that doctests fails, not that the build process fails.

The test you mention runs ./sage -v which executes (in spkg/bin/sage)
exec sed -n -e 's/.*\(Sage Version.*Date: [0-9-]*\).*/\1/p' \
"$SAGE_LOCAL"/bin/sage-banner

This actually changed in #14733, so that ticket might be to blame.
Could you apply the patches from #14733 to an earlier build of Sage to
check if that reproduces the problem? Also list your environment please
(run "env" from a Sage shell).

> because a bunch of tests are run many times.
What do you mean with this, please elaborate.

Volker Braun

未读,
2013年8月21日 06:40:542013/8/21
收件人 sage-r...@googlegroups.com

Justin C. Walker

未读,
2013年8月21日 11:13:092013/8/21
收件人 sage-r...@googlegroups.com

On Aug 21, 2013, at 02:17 , Jeroen Demeyer wrote:

> On 08/21/2013 12:15 AM, Justin C. Walker wrote:
>> On 10.6.8 (Dual 6-core Xeons) I have run the full build three times. Each time, the build fails in devel/sage/sage/tests/cmdline.py line 184) with a timeout.
> I assume you mean that doctests fails, not that the build process fails.
>
> The test you mention runs ./sage -v which executes (in spkg/bin/sage)
> exec sed -n -e 's/.*\(Sage Version.*Date: [0-9-]*\).*/\1/p' \
> "$SAGE_LOCAL"/bin/sage-banner
>
> This actually changed in #14733, so that ticket might be to blame.
> Could you apply the patches from #14733 to an earlier build of Sage to check if that reproduces the problem? Also list your environment please (run "env" from a Sage shell).

I'm on the road for ~2 weeks, so I can't do this now (my 10.6 system is the Mac Pro; the laptop is 10.8). If I run into one while traveling I will try it.

>> because a bunch of tests are run many times.
> What do you mean with this, please elaborate.

The log file shows the tests repeatedly. I don't know whether this is an artifact of the "make -jn" command, but for example, I get 23 copies of
sage -t --long devel/sage/sage/tests/cmdline.py
and 23 copies of others as well, e.g.,
sage -t --long devel/sage/sage/schemes/hyperelliptic_curves/hyperelliptic_padic_field.py

Haven't checked whether this is true for all tests (on the 10.6 system, a dual 6-core Xeon, I use "-j24": 12 cores, 2 threads-per-core).

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large
Like the ski resort full of girls hunting for husbands
and husbands hunting for girls, the situation is not
as symmetrical as it might seem.
- Alan MacKay
--

回复全部