Testing Sage's packages

John H Palmieri

Nov 13, 2019, 3:55:36 PM11/13/19
to sage-devel
I just set SAGE_CHECK=yes and tried to build Sage on several platforms: OS X and a virtual machine running Ubuntu. Summary:

Failed on both:

- gap: looks like some sort of string-vs-bytes problem (https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/28728)
- cvxopt: fails with a Python 3 build, hangs (at least on OS X) with a Python 2 build (https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/28730)
- cysignals: fails with a Python 3 build because the testsuite uses the wrong "python" in testing, not Sage's python3 (https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/28726)
- nose: fails with a Python 3 build, passes with a Python 2 build (https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/28727)

Failed on OS X:

- openblas: I see "ld: file too small (length=0)ld :file  file too small (length='0). file './../libopenblas_skylakexplibopenblas_skylakexp--r0.3.6.a' r0.3.6.afor'  architecturefor  x86_64architecture x86_64". I'm not sure why it's looking for libopenblas_skylake... instead of libopenblas_haswellp..., which looks like the appropriate file on this machine.

I think that all of the Cython failures look like

Failed example:
    long_long_abs(-max_long_long-1)     #doctest: +ELLIPSIS
Expected:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    OverflowError: ...
Got:
    -9223372036854775808

Failed on ubuntu virtual machine:

- linbox
- r

Notes:
- these failures may be specific to some sort of misconfiguration of the virtual machine, so I haven't opened tickets for them.
- the Ubuntu virtual machine routinely has doctest failures due to numerical noise. Could these be related to the linbox failures?

What failures do others see?

--
John