Re: Sage cell server on sage 5.2: hunks on patching

Jason Grout

Aug 2, 2012, 11:13:09 PM8/2/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 8/2/12 9:08 AM, fero wrote:
> It seems strange to me that the newest sagecell server source package
> documented in github repo,
> fails to install in the recently released sage. .... I thought that this
> were
> one of the first things you tested before releasing the new sage :))

Right now, the sage cell server is very much in development and the
requirements rapidly change. It's definitely not tested as part of the
sage infrastructure since code development and requirements are still
moving pretty quickly.

If you're interested, the current status (I think) is here:

https://github.com/sagemath/sagecell/issues/344

Be aware that it will probably take some time and care to set it up at
this point. If you have that sort of time, feel free to update the
documentation to be more up-to-date.

Thanks,

Jason

fero

Aug 3, 2012, 12:54:25 AM8/3/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com

Thank you,
in the meanwhile I tired to fix my files, and I have lost some time in trying to update the patch...

If you think it is useful, could you point me in the right way to produce an updated patch please? (it would work against sage-5.2 release)

Jason Grout

Aug 3, 2012, 12:57:32 AM8/3/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 8/2/12 9:54 PM, fero wrote:
Basically:

1. apply the patch that is failing

2. Look at the .rej files it mentions and apply the necessary changes to
the Sage library manually.

3. sage -hg qrefresh to update the patch

4. Put the updated patch (from $SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/.hg/patches/)
somewhere.

Thanks,

Jason

fero

Aug 3, 2012, 2:58:04 AM8/3/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com

Il giorno venerdì 3 agosto 2012 06:57:32 UTC+2, jason ha scritto:

Basically:

1. apply the patch that is failing

2. Look at the .rej files it mentions and apply the necessary changes to
the Sage library manually.

3. sage -hg qrefresh to update the patch

4. Put the updated patch (from $SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/.hg/patches/)
somewhere.

Thanks,

Jason

I think that the patch attached could do. Some updates seems to be integrated in 5.2 release (mainly doc and tests...)

I am going to start another thread to let sagecell working on ArchLinux

01-sage-embedded.patch

fero

Aug 3, 2012, 3:51:37 AM8/3/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
the previous patch is still untested, I will test it as I perform another installation.

fero

Aug 10, 2012, 11:46:35 PM8/10/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I reinstalled and I have done a qrefresh, hope the attached patches to work against sage-5.2 release

I followed Jason workfllow as suggested below

Thanks
Luca
01-sage-embedded.patch
02-sage-show.patch

Jason Grout

Aug 11, 2012, 3:58:05 AM8/11/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 8/10/12 8:46 PM, fero wrote:
> I reinstalled and I have done a qrefresh, hope the attached patches to
> work against sage-5.2 release
>
> I followed Jason workfllow as suggested below

Thanks! From your patches, it looks like you didn't have Sage trac
ticket 13121 installed (in particular, it seems like you didn't have
mathjax installed). I think earlier in this thread, I pointed you to
the current installation instructions at
https://github.com/sagemath/sagecell/issues/344, which mention that you
need trac ticket 13121 installed.

I also had a go at updating the patches, and it seemed to require one
small update:
https://github.com/sagemath/sagecell/commit/0bb5c2a61da48efbedbdc0934d6122c2591f7121

I updated the sagecell spkg and just tested the instructions at
https://github.com/sagemath/sagecell/issues/344 by upgrading
aleph.sagemath.org to sage 5.2. Installing on Sage 5.2 seems to work
fine now.

Thanks for your work on this!

Jason

fero

Aug 11, 2012, 12:29:13 PM8/11/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
It has been a pleasure to give out this small contribution.

Thanks for your work and your comments,
sagecell is a very good piece of software
and having it working for sage-5.2 is an important step achieved.

Luca