Sage Interact website

Jason Grout

Jul 13, 2012, 4:41:19 PM7/13/12
to sage...@googlegroups.com, sage-devel, sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Sage community,

It is my pleasure to introduce the Sage Interact website at

interact.sagemath.org

It�s a space for Sage users to share snippets of code or Sage worksheets
on a single, public site. Anyone can browse the published content, but
only registered users can access the full features. Register an account
by clicking on an OpenID account provider and confirming your email
address. Once you�ve registered, you can share your own snippets of
code, bookmark your favorite posts, and interact with other users.

To add your own post, log in and click the Add new post menu link on the
far left-hand side of the menu bar. Complete the Create Sage Post form
that appears:

* The Title field is just that - a title for your post.
* The Code field is where you add your code. It utilizes an
embedded Sage cell so you can evaluate / debug your snippet before you
post it.
* The Description field is where you can add any other information
you think other users might want to know about your post. Use this field
to explain your code or elaborate on the topic at hand. If you�ve typed
up a rather lengthy description (like this wall of text), you might want
to consider adding an alternative �summary� description. Think of the
Summary as an abstract: just enough information to get others interested
in your post, leaving your �description� to handle the finer details.
Click on Edit summary next to the Description label to edit your post�s
summary.
* Add Tags to your post with a few searchable keywords.
* Use the Images field to attach a screenshot of your code in
action. The image is also displayed on teaser pages; use it to attract
viewers to your post.
* The Files field is for attaching a set of Sage worksheets or
other post-related files. There is a 2MB file limit.
* Finally, the Author Credit field provides a space to credit
others that may have played a part in the creation of your post. Be
generous!

Only the Title and Description fields are required (of course, you also
need to leave the License checkbox checked).

Click Save at the bottom of the page and you�re finished! To Edit your
now-published post at anytime, navigate to it and click the Edit tab at
the top of the page.

Since every post embeds a live Sage cell for the code, you can run and
customize the code on any post. Click "Permalink" in the output of any
Sage cell to get a link to your customized version.

If you have any questions about the Interact website, check out the FAQ
page. Feel free to post a suggestion for improvement on the Suggestions
page.

There are a lot of other features to explore, so get out there and interact!

Thanks for your time,
Byron Varberg and Jason Grout

Harald Schilly

Jul 13, 2012, 6:16:35 PM7/13/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com, sage...@googlegroups.com, sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, July 13, 2012 10:41:19 PM UTC+2, jason wrote:
Register an account
by clicking on an OpenID account provider and confirming your email
address.

Fantastic, I already saw it and now it looks really mature. Only drawback ... how do I confirm this email address?! I got no email and I don't see any link or form, just this small notification bar.

Marcin Kostur

Jul 14, 2012, 1:55:30 AM7/14/12
to sage...@googlegroups.com, sage-devel, sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jason,

Do you think it is possible to make distributed cloud for sage cell server?
Like - all cells in the world are schedued on the same huge cluster?

I think that it could improve responsibility of project like interact site, which is right now unresponsive.

the best

Marcin

Andrea Lazzarotto

Jul 16, 2012, 7:38:01 AM7/16/12
to sage...@googlegroups.com, sage-devel, sage-s...@googlegroups.com

Do you think it is possible to make distributed cloud for sage cell server?
Like - all cells in the world are schedued on the same huge cluster?

I think that it could improve responsibility of project like interact site, which is right now unresponsive.

For me it doesn't seem to perform computations at all...

--
Andrea Lazzarotto - http://andrealazzarotto.com