מעבר להודעה הראשונה שלא נקראה

Vincent Delecroix

לא נקראה,
20 ביולי 2019, 3:07:1420.7.2019
עד sage-devel
Dear all,

Since https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/25139 we are supposed to be
able to uninstall packages (see the script
build/sage_bootstrap/uninstall.py). But I did not find any
documentation on how to actually call the command. Is it intended
to be called directly? Should we add an uninstall directive to
the Application in build/sage_bootstrap/app.py?

Best
Vincent

Vincent Delecroix

לא נקראה,
20 ביולי 2019, 3:13:3720.7.2019
עד sage-devel
I sort of found the answer by grepping the source code

$ make PKG-clean

that most of the time calls

$ sage-spkg-uninstall PKG

Shouldn't we make it visible in the documentation?

Dima Pasechnik

לא נקראה,
20 ביולי 2019, 3:14:0920.7.2019
עד sage-devel
one can run

make <spkg>-clean

which will invoke the script in question to uninstall <spkg>.

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 8:07 AM Vincent Delecroix
> --

Vincent Delecroix

לא נקראה,
20 ביולי 2019, 3:15:4120.7.2019
עד sage-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.

For the awali optional packages, the uninstall script does nothing... Is
there something specific to be done to make it work?

Dima Pasechnik

לא נקראה,
20 ביולי 2019, 5:52:1020.7.2019
עד sage-devel
On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 8:15 AM Vincent Delecroix
<20100.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> For the awali optional packages, the uninstall script does nothing... Is
> there something specific to be done to make it work?

The uninstaller looks in local/var/lib/sage/installed/awali-*
for a list of files to unstall. However, it seems to contain no files:

{
"package_name": "awali",
"package_version": "1.0.2-190218",
"install_date": "Sat Jul 20 10:44:01 BST 2019",
"system_uname": "Linux hilbert 5.1.12-gentoo #1 SMP Fri Jun 21
19:27:38 BST 2019 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz
GenuineIntel GNU/Linux",
"sage_version": "SageMath version 8.9.beta2, Release Date: 2019-07-10",
"test_result": "",
"files": [

]
}

So this is bug in the installation procedure. I opened
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/28218 to deal with it.

> Le 20/07/2019 à 09:13, Dima Pasechnik a écrit :
> > one can run
> >
> > make <spkg>-clean
> >
> > which will invoke the script in question to uninstall <spkg>.
> >

> > On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 8:07 AM Vincent Delecroix
> > <20100.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> Since https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/25139 we are supposed to be
> >> able to uninstall packages (see the script
> >> build/sage_bootstrap/uninstall.py). But I did not find any
> >> documentation on how to actually call the command. Is it intended
> >> to be called directly? Should we add an uninstall directive to
> >> the Application in build/sage_bootstrap/app.py?
> >>
> >> Best
> >> Vincent
> >>
> >> --
השב לכולם