BBC News - April Jones: Matthew Woods jailed for Facebook posts

Thomas Stowe

Oct 8, 2012, 4:10:05 PM10/8/12
to 10BitWorks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-19869710

Guy's a douche, no two ways about it but regardless of what he said, what precedent does this set of the UK and other countries? Really, you post something offensive and can be jailed for 3 months and given a criminal history? Fuck that.

Donald Greer

Oct 8, 2012, 4:27:59 PM10/8/12
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Thomas S.
  Thomas,
  The US is the ONLY country in the world with the actual guaranteed right of freedom of speech.  In any other country, you can be jailed for saying anything that offends some official or upsets some magistrate.  The UK is no exception, and never has been.
  Why do you think I'm not already planning a move to someplace else?  God knows I could give myself a multi-thousand dollar a year raise by moving to, eg. Australia, Sigapore, Taiwan, etc.  But what I have to give up, in terms of freedom, still makes the US the best deal around.  That might change after the dollar collapses, but since I own enough land, I suspect I'll even come out of that ok (while those folks living the city are SCREWED! :^).
  Don

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 3:10 PM, 10BitWorks on behalf of Thomas S. <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-19869710

Guy's a douche, no two ways about it but regardless of what he said, what precedent does this set of the UK and other countries? Really, you post something offensive and can be jailed for 3 months and given a criminal history? Fuck that.

"I don't necessarily believe that software should be free, but if you pay for it, it should work." -- Me

kc.ko...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2012, 5:53:52 PM10/8/12
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Thomas S.
<music>...There's no En-gland now...</music>

kc
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: "10BitWorks on behalf of Thomas S." <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: "10BitWorks on behalf of Thomas S." <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 15:10:05 -0500
ReplyTo: "10BitWorks on behalf of Thomas S." <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [10BitWorks] BBC News - April Jones: Matthew Woods jailed for Facebook posts

kc.ko...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2012, 5:56:47 PM10/8/12
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Donald Greer
I gots newses fer ya, Don... Try saying whatever you want in these United States and see if bad sh!t does not yet INDEED follow... Your rights be damned. The U.S. is pretty much dead, dude. In fact, the U.S. died the moment they instituted the concept of felony... That one concept has utterly gutted true freedom...

kc
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: 10BitWorks on behalf of Donald Greer <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of Donald Greer <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 15:27:59 -0500
To: 10BitWorks on behalf of Thomas S.<sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>

kc koellein

Oct 8, 2012, 6:24:26 PM10/8/12
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Donald Greer

"...a fellow patriot, Brandon J Raub, being "arrested" and taken away by Chesterfield County Virginia Police Department. They showed up inquiring his postings on facebook, and then they just took him."
I don't care how "crazy" he may have been... they may not do this in the nation that the Signers founded. Indeed that nation has died.

The Democrats offer a joke for a liberal as president and he fails them. Miserably. Yet people of color blindly endorse him still... just because he is of HALF-color.. and they call ME a racist.

The Republicans offer a joke of a conservative who will fail them... as Bush did before him...

For these reasons among many many others... I will no longer defend this nation under any circumstances, and I now try to follow all laws I can possibly keep track of... out of fear... no longer out of respect, or out of any responsibility to being an upstanding member of a society. No. Merely out of fear.

kc
--
kc
KF5QVL

- When dealing with the dishonest, BE dishonest. Honestly, this is the best policy.