Re: [rundeck] Rundeck Issue - Refresh

Alex Honor

Jan 9, 2017, 11:34:10 AM1/9/17
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jersio,

The realm.properties is a Jetty app server configuration file and uses the HashLoginService. I am not sure if it is setup for hot reload.

Thanks

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 7:56 AM, Jersio <jersi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I have a question about AD configuration
I have a AD configuration hybrid with login credentials in AD and a realm.properties configuration file
when we change the realm.properties, how could we do a refresh, without needing to restart the rundeck service, in order to apply the changes?
Thanks.

Alex Honor

[SimplifyOps, Inc | a...@simplifyops.com ]

Be sure to comment and vote on Rundeck Feature Development!

Jersio

Jan 9, 2017, 12:20:20 PM1/9/17
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

but if we do not have the login hybrid model configured, when we make some changes in the realm.properties file, the changes are applied automatically.

With the AD integration (login hybrid model) we need to restart the rundeck service.

Thanks.

49/5000

segunda-feira, 9 de Janeiro de 2017 às 16:34:10 UTC, Alex Honor escreveu:
Hi Jersio,

The realm.properties is a Jetty app server configuration file and uses the HashLoginService. I am not sure if it is setup for hot reload.

Thanks
On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 7:56 AM, Jersio <jersi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I have a question about AD configuration
I have a AD configuration hybrid with login credentials in AD and a realm.properties configuration file
when we change the realm.properties, how could we do a refresh, without needing to restart the rundeck service, in order to apply the changes?
Thanks.

Jersio

Jan 10, 2017, 6:11:43 AM1/10/17
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Alex,

do you have any ideia how we can configure it, for hot reload, when we change the realm.properties file?

Thanks.

segunda-feira, 9 de Janeiro de 2017 às 16:34:10 UTC, Alex Honor escreveu:
Hi Jersio,

The realm.properties is a Jetty app server configuration file and uses the HashLoginService. I am not sure if it is setup for hot reload.

Thanks
On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 7:56 AM, Jersio <jersi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I have a question about AD configuration
I have a AD configuration hybrid with login credentials in AD and a realm.properties configuration file
when we change the realm.properties, how could we do a refresh, without needing to restart the rundeck service, in order to apply the changes?
Thanks.

Jersio

Jan 10, 2017, 8:54:37 AM1/10/17
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Alex,

I report that I have found the solution to the reported situation.

We need to configure the JettyRolePropertyFileLoginModule properties, file jaas-ldap.conf, refreshInterval, as shown below:

org.rundeck.jaas.jetty.JettyRolePropertyFileLoginModule required
      debug="true"
      useFirstPass="true"
      file="/home/rundeck/rundeck/server/config/realm.properties"
      refreshInterval="60"
      caseInsensitive="true";

Thanks.