Ruby assembly at #31C3

Sebastian Schulze

Sep 29, 2014, 5:54:56 PM9/29/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com, Dirk Breuer
Hi berlinists!

Dirk et moi are attending this years chaos communication congress [0]
and want create an official ruby assembly [1] @31C3. At last years
congress we met some rubyists scattered all over the congress venue
and we thought it would be good to have kind of a »home base«.

So – if you're interested, we'd be more than happy to register a »ruby
germany« assembly. A short feedback would be great, so we could plan
ahead and get a rough number of seats / desks we have to claim.

Cheers,
Bascht

[0] https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page
[1] https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies

--
Sebastian Schulze | jabber: sebastia...@jabber.org | http: http://bascht.com | gpg: 0xBC21CEC5
signature.asc

Bodo Tasche

Sep 29, 2014, 6:21:58 PM9/29/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com, Dirk Breuer
Sounds like a great Idea. Can't wait for the congress!

If we do this, what do we need? A few posters to make it visible that this is the ruby assembly?

Amir Friedman

Sep 29, 2014, 9:18:28 PM9/29/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com

Sounds like a great idea!
I'd be interested.

Cheers,
Amir

Ute Mayer

Sep 30, 2014, 3:00:07 AM9/30/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
i am in :)

and i can do some poster designs ;)

all the best

ute

--------------
Ute Mayer

Personal Contact Information
Website: nerdbabe.de
Twitter: nerdbabe
Github: NerdBabe

Marta Paciorkowska

Sep 30, 2014, 3:55:52 AM9/30/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'd also be in! I see that online ticket sale is already over :( Out of experience: is there a chance that the event runs out of tickets sold on-site? ;)

Best,
Marta

Pozdrawiam,
Marta Paciorkowska

Amir Friedman

Sep 30, 2014, 3:58:04 AM9/30/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marta,

Where did you see that? afaik ticket sale did not start yet.

In any case, the CCH is quite huge and last year there wasn't a problem getting a ticket :)

Cheers,
Amir

John-Paul Bader

Sep 30, 2014, 4:08:36 AM9/30/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Yes there was no ticket sale yet and there will be enough. Don't get
stressed :)

~ hukl

Marta Paciorkowska wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'd also be in! I see that online ticket sale is already over :( Out of
> experience: is there a chance that the event runs out of tickets sold
> on-site? ;)
>
> Best,
> Marta

> <mailto:ute.m...@gmail.com>>:
> *--------------*
> *Ute Mayer*
> *
> *
> *Personal Contact Information*
> *Email: ute.m...@gmail.com <mailto:ute.m...@gmail.com>*
> *Website: _nerdbabe.de <http://nerdbabe.de>_*
> *Twitter: *nerdbabe
> <https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/0/https//:twitter.com/nerdbabe>
> *LinkedIn: *linkedin.com/in/utemayer
> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/utemayer>
> *Github:* NerdBabe <https://github.com/NerdBabe>
>

> --
> --
>
> ---
> Groups "RUG-B" group.
> send an email to rug-b+un...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:rug-b+un...@googlegroups.com>.
>

> --
> Pozdrawiam,
> Marta Paciorkowska
>
> --
> --
>
> ---
> Groups "RUG-B" group.
> an email to rug-b+un...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:rug-b+un...@googlegroups.com>.

Jan Schulte

Sep 30, 2014, 6:27:34 AM9/30/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com, dirk....@gmail.com, mail...@bascht.com
I'm also in :)

Sebastian Schulze

Oct 7, 2014, 3:33:40 AM10/7/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com, Dirk Breuer
@All of you: Awesome!

I've created an assembly page – feel free to edit / add your own
suggestions (or even sessions / subprojects):

https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Assembly:Rubytown

@[Dajana, Florian, Thilo]:

As we talked about it at #postec14 lunch, I assumed it is okay if
we're labeling it with the Ruby Berlin e.V.? Could you recheck if the
Verein agrees with my description? :-)

@[Bodo, Ute]:

Posters or even stand-ups would be great. Also: Railsgirls Merch? :)

@[hukl]:

Are you familar with the inner workings of assemblies?
Is there an official confirmation / approval process?

Thats it for now, thanks for your feedback!

Bascht
signature.asc

John-Paul Bader

Oct 7, 2014, 11:47:18 AM10/7/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

also erstmal ins wiki eintragen: ja... und dann gibt es nen assembly
team, was versucht allen platz zu geben, soweit das möglich ist.

wenn weniger platz als benötigt verfügbar ist, wird am ende sicherlich
was an platz für stühle und tische zusammengestrichen...

deshalb ist vor allem ne email-adresse für "orga-kontakt" wichtig, damit
das assembly-team im zweifel kontakt aufnehmen kann

Grüße, hukl

John-Paul Bader

Nov 14, 2014, 8:54:24 AM11/14/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
I know that you've put the ruby assembly in the wiki already but non the
less: this post just came out:

https://events.ccc.de/2014/11/12/31c3-call-for-assemblies/#31c3-call-for-assemblies-english

John-Paul Bader wrote:
> Hey,
>
> also erstmal ins wiki eintragen: ja... und dann gibt es nen assembly
> team, was versucht allen platz zu geben, soweit das möglich ist.
>
> wenn weniger platz als benötigt verfügbar ist, wird am ende sicherlich
> was an platz für stühle und tische zusammengestrichen...
>
> deshalb ist vor allem ne email-adresse für "orga-kontakt" wichtig, damit
> das assembly-team im zweifel kontakt aufnehmen kann
>
> Grüße, hukl
>

> Sebastian Schulze wrote:
>> @All of you: Awesome!
>>
>> I've created an assembly page - feel free to edit / add your own
>> suggestions (or even sessions / subprojects):
>>
>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Assembly:Rubytown
>>
>> @[Dajana, Florian, Thilo]:
>>
>> As we talked about it at #postec14 lunch, I assumed it is okay if
>> we're labeling it with the Ruby Berlin e.V.? Could you recheck if the
>> Verein agrees with my description? :-)
>>
>> @[Bodo, Ute]:
>>
>> Posters or even stand-ups would be great. Also: Railsgirls Merch? :)
>>
>> @[hukl]:
>>
>> Are you familar with the inner workings of assemblies?
>> Is there an official confirmation / approval process?
>>
>> Thats it for now, thanks for your feedback!
>>
>> Bascht
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 29 2014 at 11:05:39PM +0200, Sebastian Schulze wrote:
>>> Hi berlinists!
>>>
>>> Dirk et moi are attending this years chaos communication congress [0]
>>> and want create an official ruby assembly [1] @31C3. At last years
>>> congress we met some rubyists scattered all over the congress venue
>>> and we thought it would be good to have kind of a >>home base<<.
>>>
>>> So - if you're interested, we'd be more than happy to register a >>ruby

Sebastian Schulze

Nov 14, 2014, 9:15:30 AM11/14/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that mail already was sent to the assembly mailing list. But
nevertheless: I added specific location requests to our page [0].

If anybody is dead against sitting next to the python assembly:
Raise your hands now. ;-)

Cheers,
Bascht

[0] https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Assembly:Rubytown
signature.asc

Amir Friedman

Nov 24, 2014, 4:34:54 AM11/24/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

Cheers,
Amir

Bodo Tasche

Dec 25, 2014, 5:41:13 PM12/25/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

You will find the #rubytown assembly in the Software & Operating Systems Area in the first floor next
to the escalators. Really looking forward to see you all there! Thanks to Ute and Bascht
we also will have posters \o/ !

Bodo

Robin Böning

Dec 26, 2014, 5:29:59 AM12/26/14