[JOB] Ruby/Rails mentors wanted

Кирилл Ширинкин

Jan 21, 2017, 5:33:22 AM1/21/17
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hello Berlin ruby community :-)

It's not a regular job posting.

I'm founder of mkdev.me - a largely popular mentorship platform in Russia and Ukraine.

People use mkdev to hire a mentor on per-week basis, and then mentor helps his or her students to learn everything needed, reviews all the code of students and guides through courses (courses are 90% practice and theory is almost none existing, intentionally - we are not in info business, we really do sell mentorship). For more details check out the website - mkdev.me/en.

Since few months we launched in English! The only problem is that our current mentors are too busy with their existing clients. So we need fresh mentor blood.

For mentors it's a nice side income (we take 25% from each payment atm), a good feeling of really helping people to change their carriers and lifes and a learning opportunity - because when you teach, you also learn a lot. All the work is completely remote, we don't do offline (yet). Mentors decide how much they want to charge.

Currently we focus on our efforts in international market on Ruby/Rails, because that's what helped us grow initially in Russian market.

We plan to get 2-3 mentors specifically for international students first.

If you are afraid to work with russians - fear not! I live in Germany and do all the legal stuff in Germany by German laws.

I can answer all questions either here or at kir...@mkdev.me. If you want to become a mentor, write to kir...@mkdev.me.

--
Best regards,
Kirill Shirinkin