[Searching] location for cryptoparty @ rubyweek

Lisa P

Jul 13, 2015, 6:15:20 AM7/13/15
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

I want to host a cryptoparty during rubyweek and I need a location.

What is a cryptoparty? Read more here: https://www.cryptoparty.in/

What should the location provide?
- chairs
- stable internet

That's it!

Optional/ nice to have
- lots of power plugs
- tables
- drinks/ snacks
- whiteboard

This will be an evening activity, I guess from 19:00 to 22:00.
The date is still up for debate but will probably be around the 29th (of July that is), but that is flexible depending on the location.

Also: This does not have to be an office!
If you know a bar with good internet that isn't crowded on weekday evenings that is also perfect! (We might need to ask the owner before, but hey!)

Cheers,
Lisa

angela ebirim

Jul 13, 2015, 8:19:56 AM7/13/15
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lisa,

Are you in London?

Tobias Pfeiffer

Jul 13, 2015, 8:20:42 AM7/13/15
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hi Angela,

this is the ruby user group Berlin so Lisa is looking for locations in Berlin :-)

Tobi

Lisa P

Jul 14, 2015, 4:51:24 AM7/14/15
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Yes, in Berlin. Thanks for clarifying Tobi!

The good news is we already found a place: Absolventa!

Here are the links to the events:
https://www.cryptoparty.in/berlin/absolventa
http://rubyweek.org/activities/8

Hope to see  you there!
Cheers,
Lisa

florian.gilcher

Jul 15, 2015, 8:22:10 AM7/15/15
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lisa,

Not a bar and not an office: http://syseleven.de has a small event space that can fit some people and has a kitchen and desks. It's independent of their main office, so you can get a key the day before and give it back later.

How many attendees do you expect?

Best,
Florian