Supporting Refugees on Rails Project by coaching / curriculum planning

laural...@googlemail.com

Nov 27, 2015, 6:56:35 AM11/27/15
to RUG-B
Dear All,

we (Rails Girls Berlin) were approached by the Refugees on Rails project and I'll just forward their request. Please support them in any way possible!

"This weekend, Refugees on Rails is running a "Mentor Workshop" at the Betterplace.org offices, for those who might like to volunteer as mentors to refugee students.

Refugees on Rails is a new group created to help persons with refugee status to bridge gaps between their current skills and the job market. Starting with an online Ruby on Rails course, ROR teaches basic skills and offers an entry way to tech and startup opportunities in Germany.

We are seeking mentors who have basic Ruby/Rails skills and enjoy coaching others. If you are willing to volunteer for 2-3 hours one evening a week, please come to our mentor workshop on this Sunday, 29 November, from 12 noon until 3:30pm. Meetup invitation here: http://www.meetup.com/Refugees-on-Rails-Berlin/events/227031587/ "

If you can't make it this weekend, please feel free to inform nak...@refugeesonrails.org. The 'real' program won't start before January 2016, so there is enough time to figure out how each of us can participate :)

All the best
Laura

Johann Quassowski

Dec 7, 2015, 5:41:52 AM12/7/15
to RUG-B
Will you be at the meetup tomorrow evening?

I would be interested in getting involved, but probably not before March/April next year - too much to do with basketball until then.