Statement to a recent job offer

Nico Hagenburger

Nov 25, 2015, 4:30:18 PM11/25/15
to RUG-B
Dear Ruby community,

You might have gotten an email offering a job at Homify by somebody the last days. I also got this mail, even though Homify is my major project over the last two years. After checking and confirming internally, please note:

– This person is not related to Homify
– Homify’s founder does not know this person
– This person seems to have called Homify’s sales team several times, which told him to stop

I wrote to this person asking him to tell me about his and the offer’s background, but he did not get back to me.

If you want to know more about Homify or working there, just come talk to me; I’m happy to talk about it with you. We’re developers ourselves. We don’t like cold calls.

Sorry and thanks. See you next week!

Nico

Dajana Günther

Nov 25, 2015, 8:51:40 PM11/25/15
to RUG-B

Dear Nico,

Thanks for clarification! I am really sorry  Homify has to deal with this. Bad apples everywhere :(

I would be interested in an update if you have one next week.

Cheers,
Dajana

# written on a mobile device - please excuse typos and brevity #

Johann Quassowski

Dec 7, 2015, 5:42:03 AM12/7/15
to RUG-B
Sounds like a typical bottom-of-the-barrel type recruiter, I would say. ;)