Looking for a talk for the 6th of march

Tobias Pfeiffer

Feb 25, 2014, 6:53:54 AM2/25/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

we are still looking for talks for our next meetup on the 6th of march.
Well one talk we already got two (although only one is at the website so
far).

So if you got a story or a learning to share, maybe a cool tool then
please submit a talk proposal to the webpage and maybe the mailing list.

Also remember: we are not ruby only - we had quite some non ruby talks,
even soft skills talks that were greatly enjoyed by everyone so it does
not have to be about ruby. =D

Cheers,
Tobi

signature.asc

Oliver Thamm

Feb 25, 2014, 7:05:33 AM2/25/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I got a nice idea for a Rails gem that uses functional programming to do
ActiveRecord resource index filtering. I planned to present it to you
guys as a lightning day some day. I have never done a gem so far and
could share my beginner experience with that, but there's been some
similar talks about it lately. Tell me...

I could also do a soft skill talk on how eating meat has improved my
life and saved like hundreds of cuteeee plants lives. Choice is on you...

Cheers, Oliver

Arne Brasseur

Feb 25, 2014, 7:51:40 AM2/25/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
:+1: on the functional programming stuff
:-1: on the meat adoration

Bodo Tasche

Feb 25, 2014, 9:56:37 AM2/25/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
I would be against a Meat/Vegetarian Talk on the Ruby Usergroup. This usually leads to tons of flame and has nothing to do with ruby or development per se.

Oliver Thamm

Feb 25, 2014, 11:07:09 AM2/25/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Wow, this was only a joke. I apologize if I hurt someones feelings. This
is why people don't like me.

Cheers, Oliver