RubyConf Italy - Call for Speakers

Alberto Vena

Jul 22, 2016, 9:15:17 AM7/22/16
to RUG-B
Hi there,

I'm Alberto Vena, one of the RubyConf Italy (also known as RubyDay) organizers.

I would like to invite everyone interested to submit a talk at this full english conference, which will be held in Florence on November, 25-26th.

We'll be very glad to receive some talk submissions by female speakers as well.
This year we are trying to increase conference diversity which we know was not that good in the past editions.
If any of you has suggestions about how we could improve this aspect please help us.
We are looking forward to talk about it, even privately.

Here's the link at the conference website: http://rubyday.it and this is our twitter page where we'll keep posting news about the conference: https://twitter.com/rubydayit

Thanks for reading, we really hope to see you guys here in Italy! :)

Alberto Vena

--
RubyDay 2016
November 25th - 26th

regan...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2016, 11:24:46 AM7/23/16
to RUG-B
Heya Alberto,

Great to see you're wanting to reach a more diveristy audience of speakers and attendees. A good start might be looking into providing some cheap/free tickets to people who would not otherwise afford a ticket. There is a nice app that has been built by a programming group here in Berlin that you could use: https://diversitytickets.org/events/new

Next, do some outreach to people who you would like to present. Try Speakerinnen or Lanyard to find more female speakers : https://speakerinnen.org/en/topics/software%20development
(just some of the people you can find on Lanyard)

Take a look at these articles :)

I hope this all helps Alberto. I have also distributed the CFP through the channels I belong to.