Slack Channel for Ruby Berlin

Feña Agar

Aug 2, 2015, 10:55:50 AM8/2/15
to RUG-B
Hey, I've been thinking for a few days that it might be a good idea to have a Slack channel. Today at Eurucamp I was encouraged to actually do it, so... here it is.

I know there's an IRC channel, but Slack is quickly growing to be the replacement and it's more engaging for people who don't come from an IRC background.
I hope everyone likes the idea and hopefully people from here will help me make it better and grow the community :)

You can sign in for an invite here: http://ruby-berlin.herokuapp.com (I don't have any cool custom domains, so if the admins have one I might use for this site, would be nice, I will gladly give admin rights to the Slack channel also).

Cheers!

Alex Coles

Aug 3, 2015, 6:39:24 AM8/3/15
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hola Feña,

Thanks so much for doing this! - it's a great idea.

I imagine we will need some form of moderation, but I hope that's something that will develop organically.

Cheers,

Alex

p.s. Berlin Code of Conduct applies.

Stefano Zanella

Aug 3, 2015, 6:56:44 AM8/3/15
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hi Feña, thanks a lot for the effort.
Maybe we can start just by adding a link to the COC in the channel description or by pinning a post pointing to it?

Cheers,
    Stefano

Feña Agar

Aug 3, 2015, 10:35:40 AM8/3/15
to RUG-B
The link is part of the #general channel description. I will put a pinned post.
See you on Slack :)

Stefano Zanella

Aug 3, 2015, 12:35:11 PM8/3/15
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thank you! :)

Johann Quassowski

Feb 3, 2016, 4:12:24 AM2/3/16
to RUG-B
Just checked into the channel again. Looks like there's not a whole lot of "adoption" in Berlin. ;)