Recap onPStore: Slides, Links and a Gist

Lukas Rieder

Aug 8, 2014, 4:36:47 AM8/8/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

that was an great meetup yesterday. I had a lot of fun.
Here is my little recap on my PStore lightning talk and the discussions afterwards:

* Use YAML::Store or JSON::Store (has the advantage to be human readable)

* Don’t necessarily use the default Marshal storage format, it might be incompatible between different Ruby versions

* Since someone wanted to serialize Procs (I see adventure time..), there was once a Ruby Quiz about that: http://rubyquiz.com/quiz38.html

Cheers,

Lukas Rieder

Enrico Thierbach

Aug 8, 2014, 4:54:57 AM8/8/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
* Use YAML::Store or JSON::Store (has the advantage to be human readable)

* Don’t necessarily use the default Marshal storage format, it might be incompatible between different Ruby versions

and, I might add, not compatible to anything on the outside world. That’s why I love your  JSON PStore :)

/eno