Developer new to Berlin

Andy Waite

Mar 19, 2014, 11:30:24 AM3/19/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hi RUG-B,

After six years as a developer in London, I’m considering a move to Berlin.

My background is mostly Ruby and Rails but I’m open to picking up new languages and platforms. These days I’m particularly interested in Node.js and Clojure.

I’m not a front-end developer but I’m competent in JavaScript/CoffeeScript.

I have experience in iOS development since the early days of iPhone and have published a number of apps, in both Obj-C and RubyMotion.

I’ve contracted at some great companies in London over the past few years. I enjoy working at places which promote iterative development, open source, TDD/BDD, pairing, continuous integration, etc.

You can find my CV at http://bit.ly/1hBeHQS which has links to my GitHub and blog.

Obviously I’d prefer to avoid going via a recruiter so if you’re hiring please get in touch by email.

I’ll be in Berlin next week so it would be good to visit some companies while I’m there.

Andy