[JOB] Mein Grundeinkommen is looking for developers (f*m)

A R

Apr 15, 2017, 4:31:49 PM4/15/17
to ru...@googlegroups.com

Hello Berlin Ruby Community,

Mein Grundeinkommen is looking for experienced developers to join our team. Here's the English ad for a Rails backend developer, you can find the German version of this, along with those for a Rails fullstack and a frontend developer at https://www.mein-grundeinkommen.de/projekt/mitarbeit
Über das Projekt. Mein Grundeinkommen sammelt per Crowdfunding Geld für Bedingungslose Grundeinkommen. Immer wenn 12.000 € zusammen sind, werden sie an eine ...

Rails Developer (f*m)
Full time (32 hrs/week)

What We Do

The Universal Basic Income is the contemporary response to a digitized society. We make the
concept tangible by simply trying it out. With huge success: we have raffled off 70 Basic Incomes
so far, and inspired quite different people through hundreds of media reports. We are a crowd
supported incubator for the Basic Income experience.

How We Do It

For two years now we have been operating the platform mein-grundeinkommen.de with more than
350,000 users. We collect money by crowdfunding and whenever we have accumulated 12,000 €,
we raffle the money among our users. The most important functionalities of our platform are the
communication with our crowd, the possibility to exchange ideas about Basic Income and invite
friends as well as the technical implementation of the raffles.

What You Could Do

Recently, we have completely rebuilt the platform in Rails. To meet the requirements resulting from
our strong growth, the new web app has to be able to handle more than 60,000 visitors and more,
for example, during TV appearances. In addition, payment transactions must operate reliably at all
times. Moreover, we want to automate recurring manual tasks, and move on to implementing as many
of the exciting concepts for new online campaign tools in our drawers as possible, to keep making the idea
of the Basic Income more concrete and tangible.
We are looking for people who are able to develop the platform securely and reliably together with
us and to meet new challenges in linking IT and political campaigning. You can help shape the
process and work on something with a great social impact that has not existed on the internet
before.

Your profile

Very good understanding of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
At least 3 years of experience with the development of productive Rails apps
Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented development and design patterns
Experience with Test Driven Development (ideally: RSpec)
Experience in deployment (Heroku), scaling and continuous integration
Experience and desire to work in a Scrum team; to pass on and build up knowledge and to ensure code quality
Knowledge of code quality characteristics, documentation standards and best practices
Sound DevOps knowledge
Openness towards collective and non-hierarchical working methods

Not a prerequisite but a plus:
Experience in front-end development

We offer

Flexibility, collectivity, unconventionality, agility
A meaningful work
IT team consisting of 3 (as of now) developers, 2 support staff people, a facilitator and a graphic designer
Self-responsible action and creative freedom: you decide!
Employment with need-based salary
Initially limited to one year, geared towards long-term employment
Largely flexible work times with core work times at our Neukölln office at about 32 hrs/week
Flexible vacation arrangements

You can start coding with us for the Basic Income from 1 June 2017. An earlier entry is possible. We
encourage women*, PoCs and people with disabilities to apply!

If you are interested in getting to know us, or if you have any questions, please send an e-mail with
the subject "Rails Developer" to Ines Schiller, bewe...@mein-grundeinkommen.de. Please send your CV with
details of your current work, including average week hours and type of work (remote or at the office),
so that we can get an impression of your experiences so far.

The application period ends on 17 April 2017. We look forward to meeting you!

Have a nice holiday weekend,

Ariane

A R

Apr 18, 2017, 4:01:51 PM4/18/17
to ru...@googlegroups.com

Hi again,

as this went over the list rather late, I just wanted to add that you shouldn't worry if you apply a bit later than our official deadline (any time this week is definitely fine).

Cheers 😊

Ariane